suspension rework time!

Loudmouth1o

forum member
Reaction score
So i installed the Ksprings around november love the look and the ride, but now i think i want to go lower. Im debating on buying a set of BC coilovers for my car, since I have stock struts and shocks that are now beginning to squeak when i turn i think just buying a set of coilovers and selling my springs will basically be an even swap.

Are there any opinions on the BC coilovers on the s197 or just any coilovers on the car?

Also I want to do rear sway bar, how much of a difference is it from the 7/8 ford sway bar vs. say steeda's rear sway bar with endlinks? are the endlinks needed?

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
1) I like the BCs, but I don't see how you figure you can sell your used shocks/struts and springs for anywhere near $1000

2) There is a sizeable difference but nothing close to the front adjustable swaybar.

Loudmouth1o

forum member
Reaction score
Noo what i was saying the cost in buying new shocks and struts vs buying coilovers and selling my springs for 150 or so and it basically will be maybe a 200 dollar difference.

and i have the steeda light weight rad support and can i still upgrade the fron sway bar with it?

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Noo what i was saying the cost in buying new shocks and struts vs buying coilovers and selling my springs for 150 or so and it basically will be maybe a 200 dollar difference.

and i have the steeda light weight rad support and can i still upgrade the fron sway bar with it?

Oh yea, go for it man. And Steeda claims you can. I loved my front eibach when I first installed it. world of difference

Loudmouth1o

forum member
Reaction score
thanks man, and im goign to houston for 3 months during summer for Tunerschool and was curious of the shops around there, any good ones for stangs?

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
lol Hennessey? Mike is really cool there, did a 2jz swap on his new edge V6

Loudmouth1o

forum member
Reaction score
what thats so sickk, and yes Hennessey, glad people liek the place cuz i am so excited to go!

Last edited:

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Yea, he's pretty a pretty rad guy, not a huge fan of their track though, but we did set the record 7 second run there.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Last time I saw it was 2K10, I had talked to him about doing one and he took me into the shop to show it to me. Mineral grey new edge, was a pretty clean swap

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back