SVE drift quality?

mike4.0

Reaction score
Pretty sure my current rims are causing my vibration problems.
I'm looking into the SVE Drifts from LMR and just curious if the owners can comment on the quality so far. I'm more curious about how much weight the rims are taking to balance, I know that can also have a lot to do with the tire but the more I can learn about them, the better.

Or other rims (18x10) that can be run on all four corners, preferably light weight and look decent.

Thanks, Mike

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is several threads on them already. They are good to go btw. Vibration is probably because of the factory rotor clips being left on.

mike4.0

Reaction score
There is several threads on them already. They are good to go btw. Vibration is probably because of the factory rotor clips being left on.

Searched through them but have yet to really find what I'm looking for (still reading through the interwebs as I type this lol. I'm not looking for show car finish on the rim but the quality of production and how balanced they are.

Removed the rotor clips with no luck in solving my vibration (been searching through here for that also with some good info found). put different wheels on and the vibration was significantly better, But those were winter tires/rims with a larger sidewall (wondering if that was absorbing the vibration) . Need to borrow someones rims to really find out but until then, just trying to get all the info I can

DonkeyLips

forum member
Reaction score
I have the19 x 9.5 drifts.

They seem to be decent quality ... Took a decent amount of weight to balance though.

I would say for the price they are great ... But they are budget wheels no matter which way you look at it. That said I would recommend them for sure if you are looking for some decent wheels for a low price.

Last edited:

My05Stang

Reaction score
Had them on my 05, they are good wheels considering I was 17 years old. They ride fine, just braking hard was never fun. But other than that, they are great wheels for the price. Would defiantly recommend them. Just make sure you hook them up with lowering springs or coilovers.

mike4.0

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, appreciate the input!

I have the19 x 9.5 drifts.

They seem to be decent quality ... Took a decent amount of weight to balance though.

I would say for the price they are great ... But they are budget wheels no matter which way you look at it. That said I would recommend them for sure if you are looking for some decent wheels for a low price.

Do you know how much weight is on your rims or would you be able to take a look for me?

Had them on my 05, they are good wheels considering I was 17 years old. They ride fine, just braking hard was never fun. But other than that, they are great wheels for the price. Would defiantly recommend them. Just make sure you hook them up with lowering springs or coilovers.

What happened while braking hard?

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
I have the 19" drifts in silver. Not sure about the history on them (prior owner purchased) but they can't be more than a year old and they have corrosion bubbling up near the centers. Looks terrible

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I had Drifts a few years ago, they were a decent quality wheel, as said, they are a budget wheel and you can only expect so much

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Mike if your looking for a wheel similar to the drift but better quality i think the apex wheel should fit the bill. But of course you will pay more

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back