SVTrojans' New Carpet

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great, same color combination I was thinking of.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I like it too, all black can be a bit much sometimes in the interior.

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score

That looks killer, Retro! Whenever I could afford it, I'd be torn between Katzkin covers or some Corbeaus (although looks like you got a helluva deal). The shape of the stock foam might be the deciding factor though...

Here's a slightly better picture,
DSC02840_zps36f68f7a.jpg

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys :beer:

I'm definitely going to try to get some black seats in the future, but for now I like the contrast.

I was thinking about changing the lower parchment colored piece over the transmission to black. Leave the rest. MAYBE change just the seat covers sides black, tops parchment, and contrasting stitching.... Or all black with tan stitching.

Last edited:

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
I was thinking about changing the lower parchment colored piece over the transmission to black. Leave the rest. MAYBE change the seat overs to sides black, tops parchment, and contrasting stitching.... Or all black with tan stitching.

Sounds like a good idea!

i like this. i have the same interior and would like to change the carpet

Thanks! Not too hard to do, just take your time

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
that came out great. did you have to glue any of it in? looks like they have the molded part down as far as fit. do you agree? ive wanted black carpet for the last 6 years, but i do like having the black mats on my parch carpet. man, this really makes the choices tuff. either way, some fresh carpet is in order for this summer. glad you did this and posted up :thumb2:

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
that came out great. did you have to glue any of it in? looks like they have the molded part down as far as fit. do you agree? ive wanted black carpet for the last 6 years, but i do like having the black mats on my parch carpet. man, this really makes the choices tuff. either way, some fresh carpet is in order for this summer. glad you did this and posted up :thumb2:

Hey, thanks! The carpet was pretty well-molded to the form of the floor, but I did spray some glue on the side of the trans tunnel and the back wall just in case. I left everything else un-glued so I could have future access to the wires that run under it.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome job man! I tried to install carpet in my 05 and it was a damn mess. Found a factory carpet eventually and it went considerably better. Probably didn't have as much patience as you did though.

Looks good!

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome job man! I tried to install carpet in my 05 and it was a damn mess. Found a factory carpet eventually and it went considerably better. Probably didn't have as much patience as you did though.

Looks good!

Thanks! Luckily I had a long weekend to mess with it and plenty of time to let the carpet unfold itself.

Much better! Nice work!

Thanks! :beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back