T-56 Clutch options

Big Top Gt

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Thanks, I have the SPEC 3+ for the stock transmission already. Is the only difference the clutch being 26 spine? Kevin at PMP said I could reuse my pressure plate and flywheel so this cuts down on cost a lot.

I did exactly that when I went from a T45 to a T56 in my 98 Cobra.

One thing to keep in mind when you order is make sure you order the right size disc to match the pressure plate.

Like an idiot, I accidentally ended up with an 11" clutch disc and a 10.5" pressure plate. You can imagine my surprise when I tried to bolt it down. :D

I'm not sure if this is an 05 possibility, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

A

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did exactly that when I went from a T45 to a T56 in my 98 Cobra.

One thing to keep in mind when you order is make sure you order the right size disc to match the pressure plate.

Like an idiot, I accidentally ended up with an 11" clutch disc and a 10.5" pressure plate. You can imagine my surprise when I tried to bolt it down. :D

I'm not sure if this is an 05 possibility, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

A

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I think it is the same size for the 05 Spec 3+ clutch but I'll be sure to ask and make sure.

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
FYI for those talking about Pro 5.0 and MGW shifters, if you guys are talking about experiences with earlier generation Mustangs and T56 shifters then that won't work with the S197. The shifter placement is very different and a 03/04 Cobra T56 shifter won't work in a S197. It would need to be a modified GTO shifter or a shifter designed to adapt the T56 to the S197.

thank you for this clarification. I've been out of the loop for a while. I have a TR6060 anyways, now I'm just waiting on MGW to make one for it :). But from what I've heard that isn't going to happen:tdown:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO get a TR6060. Stronger and you can use any S197 shifter you want.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
then get yourself a spec 3+ or a spec Dual disc.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back