Tenspeed's build thread

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I love the bike rack honestly. Either quit biking or sell the car. I will NOT put a hitch on this car. I refuse.

I think that I may be able to get the lower valence sprayed tomorrow like Sublime302's. The wheels are next, but that will probably be in the spring.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Oh, sorry, I meant dipping the wheels. Not totally sold on the idea, but the more I look at these wheels, the less I like them. I thought about maybe going silver or dark grey instead of black, but not sure. New wheels aren't exactly in the budget, so I have to make do with what I have.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Demo video of the bike rack. They got up to 140mph. I am pretty sure that I won't be going that fast with the bike on there. It is very stable. Much more than I ever though possible using suction cups.

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
The suction cups used on these racks are not the lick and stick kind we played with as kids. They're vacuum pump operated units and are rated for something like 200 pounds EACH. I'd be shocked if Tenspeed's bike weighs more than 30 pounds (probably closer to 20) and that rack has 4 cups.

Personally, I'd probably go the hitch route if I were to start transporting my bikes with the Mustang but that's not because I have any doubts about the Seasucker rack's security.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
I have a full suspension 26" wheel Specialized that weighs in at about 28 lbs. I also have a steel hardtail 29er that weighs in at about 26 lbs. I have had no issue putting either bike on there. When I bought the 29er from a friend, I drove an hour and half on the highway at 80mph with 0 issues and no suction loss in any of the 4 cups. I have also driven in rain, and had 0 loss of suction. Like Wingspan mentioned, these are not lick and stick suction cups that come right off. Even if you had a suction cup failure, the other three would hold the bike on there with ease.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Here is the window decal for reference.

MPG.jpg

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Alright.....been a minute or two since this was updated.

I have exhaust envy/issues. One of the reasons I love Mustangs is the exhaust note. I love the new edge with a Bassani X and Borla Stingers or Flowmasters. I got the itch, and bought a set of the GT500's and had them put on. Was happy with them at first, but they were kind of quiet. Better than stock, but not much. They broke in, and got a little louder, but it was still lacking. Ordered some Flowmaster Outlaws, and had them put on. Wow, way too loud. Sounded good for screwing around with my friends and for car shows, but a 4 hour trip on the highway? Way too much drone. Ordered another set of the GT500's, because I stupidly sold the first set. Had those put on. Wow, way too quiet. Sounds good, especially on the highway because you can hear yourself think, but still almost stock. Bought a used JBA X pipe from a good friend of mine, and had that put on. Made the GT500's quieter. Well, that isn't going to work. Had enough of that quiet exhaust, so the Outlaws went back on today. This time, I did them myself, on ramps.

Not too bad of an install. I live in an apartment complex, and technically you are not supposed to work on your car on the property. One of the office guys lives in the next building over, and as he walked by, I thought I was in trouble. Nope, he told me that he loved the car, and good luck with the install. :)

I took my time on the passenger side. Watched a few videos on YouTube, and just tackled it. Backed the car up on ramps which were up against the sidewalk. Nerve wracking to say the least backing it up with no spotter. I got it though, and chocked the front wheel, left the car in reverse, and threw the parking brake on. Passenger side took the better part of an hour. I was doing OK up until I had to bolt it all back together, and get it lined up. I struggled like crazy doing this. Realized that the pipes were not completely lined up. Once I got those, it was fine. Driver's side took me about 15 minutes total. Undid the muffler from the single hanger, unbolted it from the over axle pipe, and then unbolted the mount for the front hanger. Dropped the muffler, put the new muffler on the hanger mount, and since the Outlaws are considerably lighter than the GT500's, I had no issue holding it up myself and bolting it in. Lined everything up, tightened everything down, and done. Double checked all the bolts, and took it down off the ramps. Easy cheesy.

The test drive was fun. The Outlaws are quite a bit toned down now. The X really helps with that from what I can tell. Idle is quieter, which my neighbors will appreciate. Took it down the street, and I am very happy with the tone and sound. Not too obnoxious, yet still growls.

I think that I have a slight leak with the X though, and I will investigate tomorrow. I swear that I can hear it, but every one of my friends says that it is not leaking, including the guy that I bought it from. Exhaust shop said the same thing. Might just be me being crazy?

I also installed some cheap Chinese knock off yellow "Lamin-X" on my factory fogs. I like it, but honestly, they look sort of green. The light that the OEM LED fogs puts out is not pure white, and has a slight blue tint to it. Well, put yellow film over that, and you get a greenish hue that is almost yellow. Not sure how I feel about that. Might be the quality of the film, and the fact that it is not actual Lamin-X. Buddy of mine bought it for me since he was ordering some stuff for his car, so I can't complain. Not sure if I will get the actual yellow Lamin-X or not.

I will try to get some pictures up with the yellow on there.

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
Did you have to people checking the car for the exhaust leak when it was warm or cold?

Sent from my helicopter

braupe

Resident Diabetic...
Reaction score
Subbed. I googled "mustang bike rack" a few months ago and found a pic of your car!

I love your set up man. I love to bike, and I love my GT. So we got an Xterra to haul the bikes with.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Subbed. I googled "mustang bike rack" a few months ago and found a pic of your car!

I love your set up man. I love to bike, and I love my GT. So we got an Xterra to haul the bikes with.

Awesome!!! I love the attention that the car gets when the rack is on there.

Did you have to people checking the car for the exhaust leak when it was warm or cold?

Sent from my helicopter

Right when I started it up. The guy I bought it from said it sounds that way due to the fact that it is an X. When should I check it?

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
I'd say cold... But I'm not really sure. I also have a bit of a tick or ting. I have a prochamber and longtubes. I've taken it to a few shops and they haven't found any leaks. I think it's just paranoia, at least I hope it is.:thud:

Sent from my helicopter

TenSpeed

Reaction score
I am hoping that I have the same thing. It is almost a ticking sound like what you are describing.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I also installed some cheap Chinese knock off yellow "Lamin-X" on my factory fogs. I like it, but honestly, they look sort of green. The light that the OEM LED fogs puts out is not pure white, and has a slight blue tint to it. Well, put yellow film over that, and you get a greenish hue that is almost yellow. Not sure how I feel about that. Might be the quality of the film, and the fact that it is not actual Lamin-X. Buddy of mine bought it for me since he was ordering some stuff for his car, so I can't complain. Not sure if I will get the actual yellow Lamin-X or not.

I will try to get some pictures up with the yellow on there.

I had lamin-x on mine and was unimpressed with the yellowing effect... then I went to my buddy's tint shop, and they threw another layer on and it made a world of difference. Might even do a third layer and see if it makes it even better.

Back