Texas, Louisiana Meet in Austin Texas

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Reaction score
Ok, a couple of weeks ago we had a Texas Lousiana get together hosted by Newman and it was a blast! Many of you will be heading to Houston for the NMRA in November but was wondering if you guys wanted to meet again in Austin Texas the weekend of Oct 26th? I am currently working with Bad Habit 2 Break to set this meet. If any of you Austin guys and gals have any ideas, feel free to share. Stephen and I were thinking of meeting at Pluckers on Friday evening. On Saturday we can go for a cruise and catch lunch somewhere. To top off the meet, we could also gather for dinner on Saturday night. What do you guys think? Please post any ideas you may have! :thumb2: Kids, wifes, girfriends, pets welcomed! Reply if you plan to attend!

Wear your S 197 forum t shirts if you have them! If interested in buying a t shirt or t shirts, you can find them at www.streetcar1320.com

Update: The idea of meeting up at the Dallys Down Under Saloon has been mentioned but they do not allow kids inside the saloon. When you reply, please mention if you have kids so that we can get a headcount. The saloon sounds like a great idea for Saturday night but unfortunately, kids are not allowed.

S197 forum members and family only!

Attending:
Rolltide2012
Bad Habit 2 Break
MikeyFitz
Stang Life 2007
C-Liz-Go
Phuck Phace
DDTCM
King 5.0
Larry 03GT
Scramblr
Texas Blown V8
Warpig 12354
Shuhanks5.0
Mach 2 Burnout (possible show)
08GTS
Fantas

Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
All rules apply as before....NO RACING, NO REVING, NO IDIOTS

This is going to be a Friday and Saturday event with Sunday being optional.

Hotel info:

Courtyard Austin Round Rock
2700 HOPPE TRAIL
Round Rock, TX 78681
1-512-255-5551

I got my room for $79 a night through Travelocity.

Friday evening, Oct. 26th:
Time: 7pm

Have some good food and hang out.

Pluckers
www.pluckers.com

Address:
300 Mays Crossing Drive, Round Rock, TX

(512) 671-9464

Google Map:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Pluc...499198,-97.679422&fspn=0.005584,0.011319&z=19

Saturday, Oct. 27th: Austin to Fredricksburg to Blanco
Time: TBD

From Adams and Main (Marktplatz) in downtown Fredericksburg, Texas, head east on US HWY 290. Proceed 5.5 miles and turn right onto FM 1376 (between the KOA and the Stagecoach Stop). You will pass Rancho Ponte Winery on your left and then Luckenbach Texas on the right. Just past the Luckenbach Town Loop turn to the left onto RR 1888-east toward Blanco, proceed 27.6 miles and turn right onto 1623. The beautiful Blanco River follows along 1623 on the right. Continue to the courthouse square in the lovely town of Blanco, Texas.

This is the route, if you need google maps with colors let me know....lol.

We can meet for breakfast, then head out to Fredricksburg. Once in Fredricksburg, there are alot of street shops to see and microbrewery of German beer and food.

We will then head out to Luckenbach, Tx for photo shoots at the Post Office. Then on to Blanco.

Blanco has a state park we can enter and stretch your legs and take a break for a bit.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/blanco

Entrance fee: $4 for Adult, kids 12 and under free.
Blanco-SP_065.jpg

Blanco2.jpg

CAF_Blanco_7237.jpg

Saturday Evening, Oct. 27th: Dally's Down Under Saloon
Time: TBD

http://www.dallysdownunder.com/

Time: TBD (Larry is getting info)

Dinner at the Saloon and possibly Jimmy Vaughn (Stevie Ray Vaughn's brother) playing on stage that night.

Saloon is not kid friendly, and must be 21 or older to enter.

Sunday, Oct. 28th: Austin Steam Train Ride
Time: 2pm (be there at 1:15 for tickets)

This is optional. I have taken this train ride and was great. I believe there is a meal served as well.

http://www.austinsteamtrain.org/

PrtScrcapture_2-2.jpg

Bertram Flyer

Our historic railroad operates vintage passenger cars pulled by our 1960 Alco Engine on three hour journeys to the town of Bertram. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the railroad as we cross highways, span the South San Gabriel River, and roll through pastureland. Then step off in Bertram for our 15 minute layover to tour our fully restored 1912 train depot!

ALL SEATS ARE RESERVED AND PRE-ASSIGNED BY OUR TICKET AGENT.
Departure/Arrival Times
(Afternoon): 2:00 p.m / 5:00 p.m.

Last edited:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any chance we could get a tour / photoshoot at the Capitol building? That would be cool! Or go see the bats?

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
I don't know if your gonna get any Louisiana guys for this one. This is a 5 1/2 hour drive for me!

But put me in for a 'maybe' lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back