Texas Mile October 26-28

cruisin

Reaction score
Anyone going to be running or just spectating?

Driving down 2700kms from Ontario Canada with a couple of buddies for this.

Anything to see or do while we are down there?

Recommended spots to eat?

We kinda slacked on booking our hotels, does anyone know of any hotels in the area that may not be booked yet?

Ill try booking something tonight but have been in and out of town for work more than normal. Been lucky to see my place, forget about sleeping in my own bed or getting on my own computer.
Will be in town a day or two early and staying at least an extra day.
Any shops around in case of a catastrophic failure where we can get up on a lift?
Or have work done for us if something goes sour?

Any help would be great, we are bringing what we can but can't bring extra motors and won't be equipped for major repairs. Minor stuff is not an issue though. Plenty of track days have prepared us for that.

Any good meets or part shops around the area?

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
What type of car are you bringing down?

Just to let you know..Beeville is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and is a small town (roughly 15k citizens probably?)

cruisin

Reaction score
We've got a mustang (S197), a R33 Skyline with R34 drivetrain and a 323.

Yeah it appears to be in the middle of nowhere. I think the closest major is SA

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
Yeah every other city on the from the north to the south nothing in beeville but the Texas mile

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
As far as the town goes they have a few chain restaurants to eat at and you'll be driving distance to some places near the coast or other cities if you desire to go that far out.

cruisin

Reaction score
Sweet. Thanks.
After it is all done, may head to SA before going back. I don't think it's too far. Although I haven't checked yet.
Would like to see some sites etc before heading all the way back up north.

Litebulb

forum member
Reaction score
I think Victoria is closer than San Antonio. Might have a good chance of getting a room there. Should be about 1 hr give or take a few minutes between Victoria and Beeville. I cheat and take an rv down there to stay on site

cruisin

Reaction score
The only room I could find that was under an hour away was in Sinton, having never been to the area, I just went off the map and picked there.

I probably should have tried Victoria, at least then I could find some night life etc.

What else should I see while down there?
Driving distance doesn't really matter since I have a 1700 mile drive back.

Any trusted shops I can visit for an oil change etc

Looking to get some ink too

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking of making a day trip. i plan to run the car eventually, perhaps next spring, but i hadn't really planned on running the car this year. i don't feel confortable running a fiberglass hood without hood pins, and i'm really not wanting to drill holes in my cervini's cowl hood. i guess if i keep the hood i'll have to....and put the front sway bar back on perhaps.

cruisin

Reaction score
Hood PMs are pretty much required for any racing. If not by the track, then just for your own safety and peace of mind. I wouldn't even run them at highway speeds without. I don't trust them.

When you do plan to run, register as far in advance as you can. Registration is usually only open for a week and then it's full.

cruisin

Reaction score
Looking for a shop in the area for some quick service
Oil change and maybe let me change my plugs and belt.

If the belt gets worn or loose or hell, they can do it.

Within say an hour south or even a few hours north.

Need a trusted shop though so looking for advice, please.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking for a shop in the area for some quick service
Oil change and maybe let me change my plugs and belt.

If the belt gets worn or loose or hell, they can do it.

Within say an hour south or even a few hours north.

Need a trusted shop though so looking for advice, please.

South Texas Performance is on the northeast side of san antonio. there's another place on the southside called Jay's performance, but i've never had any dealings with them, only STP.

i've had some dealings also with lethal performance (just down the street from STP) and have no complaint. there's also another shop northwest call Maximum Velocity that has a pretty good rep as far as i know. Buzz Lightyear likes Maximum Velocity, i know that much.

Last edited:

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
Ok Hotels are going to be hard to find you might be better off in San Antonio. Its not because of the Texas Mile but Victoria is having a new plant built so you cant find a hotel with in 50 miles of Victoria and if you can its at a increased rate. So book your room early if you can.

cruisin

Reaction score
South Texas Performance is on the northeast side of san antonio. there's another place on the southside called Jay's performance, but i've never had any dealings with them, only STP.

i've had some dealings also with lethal performance (just down the street from STP) and have no complaint. there's also another shop northwest call Maximum Velocity that has a pretty good rep as far as i know. Buzz Lightyear likes Maximum Velocity, i know that much.

Thanks for the tips.
Didn't know Lethal was down in that area. Heard a lot of good things about them.
I think any of those shops could handle what I need.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back