Texas Mile October 26-28

cruisin

Reaction score
Ok Hotels are going to be hard to find you might be better off in San Antonio. Its not because of the Texas Mile but Victoria is having a new plant built so you cant find a hotel with in 50 miles of Victoria and if you can its at a increased rate. So book your room early if you can.

I booked a hotel in Sinton, price wasn't too bad. On the map it seemed pretty close.

Are you familiar with the area?
It looks like its around 30 mins from the Texas Mile.

A bit of a hike but that's all I could find. Just means I have to get up an hour earlier.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Didn't know Lethal was down in that area. Heard a lot of good things about them

i don't know if they are affiliated with the shop you're referring to. it may be an independant shop with the same name. i suppose you could call them and find out.

210 656 5220

cruisin

Reaction score
Maybe I should call them. Just looking for a trusted shop that won't hose me or take a joy ride if I'm too lazy to change my own oil or plugs.

hollywood54

forum member
Reaction score
I work out there from time to time so don't know the area that well. But each time I have worked I had to stay past el campo

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should call them. Just looking for a trusted shop that won't hose me or take a joy ride if I'm too lazy to change my own oil or plugs.

STP
210 888 2038
Roy or Chris

These guys do more mustang stuff than Lethal, but I've had work done at both shops, and have no complaint.

cruisin

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a really good ink shop in the area please.

If you have had any work done by an artist that you would recommend, that would be awesome.

I'd like to see some of their work, and speak with them and if all is well, set up an appointment for a piece while I'm there.

Litebulb

forum member
Reaction score
Everybody ready? I'm pumped, dyno time yesterday was the shortest I've ever had! car made more than it ever has with no effort I'm Super Excited.

cruisin

Reaction score
Anyone going that could help out take care of my gear during runs.

The transmission on my support truck broke on the tail of the dragon and I don't know if they will make it to the event.
Aside from that I have no spare parts with me. Just grabbed my racing gear and small parts that could fit in the car with the cage.
Just actual requirement stuff but everything to be legal.
I can PM my number to anyone who can help and will provide beer.
I just need someone to watch over my stuff when I make runs.
First time there so not sure what to expect but I'm without the truck, tent, chairs etc.
unless they can find a tranny and and swap it in, in North Carolina before Wednesday and then make the trek with that. Otherwise they are stuck and ill have to meet them on my way back to assess what options we have for the truck.
Shouldn't be hard locating a F150 Trans for a 99

cruisin

Reaction score
Will do. Thanks. Also wondering if there is a law against cell phones while driving in the state of Texas. It seems every state has its choice with that.

cruisin

Reaction score
Fired off a PM to him. Will probably pop by Walmart to get at the very least a chair at some point tonight. I just arrived in Sinton Texas where ill be staying and have some wrenching to do on the car after the long ride.
Just found out I don't have a socket set. That was in my trunk when I crossed the border but I guess when they emptied my car, dumped my luggage etc etc, it somehow didn't make its way back in.
I keep that set in the car at all times except when at the track. Lol
Never know when you'll need it.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cool, no texting but regular cars can talk on the phone as long as your not in a school zone.

Litebulb

forum member
Reaction score
Ill be in a big rv with a large ford racing tent out there. I should get there around 1-2 pm. My tent won't arrive till later tomorrow evening. But shoot please stop by and shoot the shit with us. I'm all about having a great time down there. Ill have lots of food and drinks.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
I may try and make it down there as well, but if I do it would most likely Sunday as my Saturday has already been planned for me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back