Texas Tuners

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Need opinions on the best SCT tuners in Texas. Need someone who can provide quality tunes on a highly modified 3V and provides excellent customer service. Im in El Paso and willing to travel. Thanks for the tips

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
central texas performance (kempner, tx)
murillo motorsports (san antonio, tx)
the car shop (temple and killeen, tx)

all do sct. i know a few people that prefer each one. i use diablo so cant personally vouch for any of them. a couple closer friends of mine really liked central texas performance though. he tunes on and off the dyno which i like versus where most will just pull it up on the dyno give you a tune and let you go.

bullittrevor

forum member
Reaction score
PSI Motorsports in Webster, Tx. Patrick is one of if not the best tuner in texas. I can vouch for the tuning, but I wouldn't vouch for the customer service because it doesn't really exist, but to be fair they are always busy so they don't have much time to talk.

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
central texas performance (kempner, tx)
murillo motorsports (san antonio, tx)
the car shop (temple and killeen, tx)

all do sct. i know a few people that prefer each one. i use diablo so cant personally vouch for any of them. a couple closer friends of mine really liked central texas performance though. he tunes on and off the dyno which i like versus where most will just pull it up on the dyno give you a tune and let you go.

Do not use these guys
the car shop (temple and killeen, tx) at least the one in killeen. they nearly destroyed my 2v a few years ago by not bolting the cam caps down right and reusaing yield to torgue bolts and with my 3 valve had them find a oil leak which they fixed but fucked up with the balancer bolt a day later it backed out and sheered off then i noticed they broke off one of my bolts that hold the fan on in the thread and didnt fix it. Those guys suck over priced and shitty quality of work. Hell i had a lawsuit with them over the 2 valve issue.

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
Do not use these guys
the car shop (temple and killeen, tx) at least the one in killeen. they nearly destroyed my 2v a few years ago by not bolting the cam caps down right and reusaing yield to torgue bolts and with my 3 valve had them find a oil leak which they fixed but fucked up with the balancer bolt a day later it backed out and sheered off then i noticed they broke off one of my bolts that hold the fan on in the thread and didnt fix it. Those guys suck over priced and shitty quality of work. Hell i had a lawsuit with them over the 2 valve issue.

ok so what about the other 2 then lol.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
LOL...well thanks guys.

I had considered Murrillo, but have decided to go with Max V in San Antonio. I am talking to them now. If I get the warm and fuzzy I am going to give them a try.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Jeff (central Texas stangs) is a bad ass. He did some tuning on my lightning. The truck ran so smooth. He is also a good dude.

There are a few other people here running his tunes.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Jeff (central Texas stangs) is a bad ass. He did some tuning on my lightning. The truck ran so smooth. He is also a good dude.

There are a few other people here running his tunes.

I gave my suggestion.

Trust me guys I appreciate it. Its good to know that there are alot of options here in state. But after talking to alot of cool dudes, I have decided to give Maximum Velocity Motorsports a go. The thought that Jon Lund backs them up is a big selling point. I will update you all once everything is done in a few months.

OH BTW Jarrod check my sig.......I gotcha!!!! LMAO!

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I knew you had already picked one, but just giving my $.02. I have used 3 different tuners in the state to see which one I like best. I know where I'll go from now on for a custom tune when an email tune won't cut it.

Tre: go back to that thread and look at my edit! I knew someone needed that in their sig. Hahahahaha

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
I knew you had already picked one, but just giving my $.02. I have used 3 different tuners in the state to see which one I like best. I know where I'll go from now on for a custom tune when an email tune won't cut it.

I appreciate the advice Jarrod. Hopefully Max V's customer service is as good as yours!

Tre: go back to that thread and look at my edit! I knew someone needed that in their sig. Hahahahaha

Well Im sure S197forum.com rests easy knowing you are looking out for our sig quotes...LMAO!

Its a shame I live in Nothern Mexico. I would love the opportunity to meet you guys!

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Dude no joke. The last time I rolled threw el paso was on my way to Cali. I wish I could say I will make it out that way one day, but there's not alot out there.

If you make a trip to fun ford let me know. There are plenty of us Texas peeps to get together in one spot for a weekend.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Thanks Jarrod, Im going to try my best to make it to the FFW event in Dallas this year. I would Love to hang out with all the Texas Peeps on here.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
If not then I'll be out at NMRA in Houston. I know that's a little closer.

Let me know how that tune works out for you. I have honestly never heard of Max V. Hopefully they treat you right.

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
idk havent used the others but the one shop blows

are you back from deployment are whatever? i just got back, if so we should hag out again. i got another stang and sold the old one off. i will be at dicks sporting goods this friday with everyone if you can make it out.

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
are you back from deployment are whatever? i just got back, if so we should hag out again. i got another stang and sold the old one off. i will be at dicks sporting goods this friday with everyone if you can make it out.

Yea, i am here lol, i am on built motor number 2 lol aafes gas sucks took out 2 pistons and ring lands ugh.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
unique going to have to say who ever installed the gears in your old car sucked big time dont know which shop did that or taking of the blower or turbo you had on there but they did a shitty job plugging the tap in the pan....

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
unique going to have to say who ever installed the gears in your old car sucked big time dont know which shop did that or taking of the blower or turbo you had on there but they did a shitty job plugging the tap in the pan....

what is up with the gears? i never had an issue with the gears myself. as far as the plug for the oil pan i wouldnt doubt it unfortunately. they new i was going to sale the car. i am not saying that doesnt make me a little mad that they didnt do a good job plugging it though. i have heard about them cutting corners sometimes. let me know why you say the gear install was bad though. i would like to know.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
Call holywd it went to his car had metal shavings in it made alot of noise on the way home the carrier was horrible ....

Back