Texas World Speedway

jeffk24

Reaction score
Hey All, just wanted to quickly introduce myself and invite any and all out to TWS. I am somewhat of a newb to the forum and to mustangs in general acutally...but definetly not new to TWS. I have been racing, instructing, driving, competing, wrenching, and everything in between at TWS for about 9 years and literally have thousands of laps at the place.

Anyhow, I would love to see some mustangs (or any car for that matter) on track. Please PM me if you come out for a Performance Driving School, Open Track Day, PCA, NASA, or any other event.

On another note...anyone have lap times they want to share from TWS? Just curious to see what others are running.

Oh...BTW...I have a white 2011 GT/CS that I am currently working on getting ready for the track. So if you see me out there, feel free to drop by.

wa2fst4u

forum member
Reaction score
Been running TWS since the my initial introduction into road courses back in 2001.

My goal is to make more events at TWS and MSR Houston next year.

In CMC-1 we were running (CCW) 1:58's - 2:01's (230rwhp max). Haven't timed my '06 GT yet (street tires). Hoping it will be in the sub 2min range.

jeffk24

Reaction score
Been running TWS since the my initial introduction into road courses back in 2001.

My goal is to make more events at TWS and MSR Houston next year.

In CMC-1 we were running (CCW) 1:58's - 2:01's (230rwhp max). Haven't timed my '06 GT yet (street tires). Hoping it will be in the sub 2min range.

What event's do you run the '06 GT at? And are those lap times in CMC for the S197? I don't know that I have seen too many of them running....but then again, I haven't made it to very many CMC events either.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I did it last spring with the Track Guys, but I don't know what my lap times were. I didn't think they had transponders out there. Anyway, I have a different engine and supercharger now so looking forward to it next year.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
TWS is my favorite track period! When I was racing bikes coming off the banking at 180+ was an AWSOME feeling! I had a pretty good line from 1 to 4 that would freek people out in 3! I love that place! I was real glad they pulled the wall out of 8b to 9.

jeffk24

Reaction score
TWS is my favorite track period! When I was racing bikes coming off the banking at 180+ was an AWSOME feeling! I had a pretty good line from 1 to 4 that would freek people out in 3! I love that place! I was real glad they pulled the wall out of 8b to 9.

Not sure when you were there last, but I few more improvements have been made. Do you ever put your car on track?

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
Not yet. I have been building a FR500S but I'm still gathering parts. I am also putting my superbike back together. Maybe do some track days with the car once it's done but will def be out their on a bike next year. Maybe not in competition but at least riding. Theirs nothing like coming off the banking at full chat on a liter bike! Daytona you stay on the banking more and have a gradual change to the infield but TWS just smacks you in the face! I love it! No where in the country are you at WFO longer than Daytona tho.

wa2fst4u

forum member
Reaction score
What event's do you run the '06 GT at? And are those lap times in CMC for the S197? I don't know that I have seen too many of them running....but then again, I haven't made it to very many CMC events either.

Those lap times were either Fox/SN-95 Mustangs and/or 3rd/4th Gen Camaros.

Since CMC1 is pretty much dead, everyone is going to CMC2. No S197's that I know of yet, but when they do, the Camaro guys are going to cry and whine because their days of dominating with a superior platform (over the Fox/Fairmont platform) will be over!! lol

The 06GT is my DD at the moment. I cut my teeth at TWS learning there's more to racing than.....a straight line.

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
Hey! Im from college station been driving past tws all my life, sadly ive never gotten to go out there:( but im def interested to any up coming events you can share with us.

jeffk24

Reaction score
Hey! Im from college station been driving past tws all my life, sadly ive never gotten to go out there:( but im def interested to any up coming events you can share with us.

The next event the I am going to will be Dec 10-11. It is a TWS Performance Driving School (I am an instructor). It would be a great way for you to get out on track. Or, feel free to hit me up and I will take you for a lap and give you the grand tour...if you like. PM me for my cell.

Those lap times were either Fox/SN-95 Mustangs and/or 3rd/4th Gen Camaros.

Since CMC1 is pretty much dead, everyone is going to CMC2. No S197's that I know of yet, but when they do, the Camaro guys are going to cry and whine because their days of dominating with a superior platform (over the Fox/Fairmont platform) will be over!! lol

The 06GT is my DD at the moment. I cut my teeth at TWS learning there's more to racing than.....a straight line.

Good to know....so are their many guys that compete in CMC2? I am looking to start putting the car in some competitions...definetly not ready for it to be in full out racing...but considering Time Trials for sure. Do you compete or do TT at all? If so, with what group?

wa2fst4u

forum member
Reaction score
I think they fielded a few cars in CMC1, 12-15 cars in CMC2 and 4-5 cars in American Iron. The whole field count is usually around 18-25 cars depending on which track is on the schedule/location.

Check out the NASA TX (aicmctexas.com) for more info.

I've thought about running TT, but now with a Vortech installed, it would put me up with the big boys and no plans to run sticky tires or start messing with the suspension. I'm content to beating up on the Porsches in the other run group.

jeffk24

Reaction score
First run succesful!

Well after the first weekend running the 2.9ccw...I would call it a succes! I was pleasantly suprised with the s197 on stock suspension and street tires (nitto 555's). Towards the end of the day I was able to run some consistent high 1:59s and even ticked off a 1:59.212!

It wasn't easy though, I was fighting the stock suspension and the tires (mostly suspension though) throughout most of the track. Although it was the brakes that finally brought me in at the end of each run. I am running brembos with the stock pads...definetly need race pads!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUSPENSION!! ...oh and race pads

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
Well after the first weekend running the 2.9ccw...I would call it a succes! I was pleasantly suprised with the s197 on stock suspension and street tires (nitto 555's). Towards the end of the day I was able to run some consistent high 1:59s and even ticked off a 1:59.212!

It wasn't easy though, I was fighting the stock suspension and the tires (mostly suspension though) throughout most of the track. Although it was the brakes that finally brought me in at the end of each run. I am running brembos with the stock pads...definetly need race pads!

What type of driving schools are located out there? Im going to try and attend a couple in 2012.

jeffk24

Reaction score
What type of driving schools are located out there? Im going to try and attend a couple in 2012.

There are several:

Texas World Speedway Performance Driving School
NASA HPDE
PCA
Driver's Edge
RPM Schools

They haven't posted the dates for 2012 yet, but should be up by the end of December.

wa2fst4u

forum member
Reaction score
Well after the first weekend running the 2.9ccw...I would call it a success! I was pleasantly surprised with the s197 on stock suspension and street tires (nitto 555's). Towards the end of the day I was able to run some consistent high 1:59s and even ticked off a 1:59.212!

Great lap times!!! Nice!!

I'm hoping to make it out there for a few sessions when things kick of next year. My poor tires don't really know what's in-store for them yet! :omfg:

Anything sub 2min is moving!!!

jeffk24

Reaction score
Great lap times!!! Nice!!

I'm hoping to make it out there for a few sessions when things kick of next year. My poor tires don't really know what's in-store for them yet! :omfg:

Anything sub 2min is moving!!!

Agreed. And I really feel I could have ticked off a high 1:58....just ran out of braking confidence towards the end of the session and really felt like I was just whipping the car. Still fun though!

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
There are several:

Texas World Speedway Performance Driving School
NASA HPDE
PCA
Driver's Edge
RPM Schools

They haven't posted the dates for 2012 yet, but should be up by the end of December.

Thanks for this. I will have to check into it more.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back