TH400 swap JW bellhousing issues Anyone have this?

spyder7724

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you guys that have done this swap using a JW bellhousing have had any issues with the converter to crank adapter spacing?
I have at least 1/4" before the converter even engages the crank adapter.
I've called JW and they can't explain it since everything specs out measurement wise. I'm having a new adapter made but it will be 2weeks.
Does anyone have this setup in a coyote or modular (same bellhousing) that can peak up in there and tell me if their converter pilot is in the crank adapter? Maybe the reason so many thrust bearing and crank issues after these swaps.
Thanks

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Although I don't have it, I know evolution performance has put a 400 in many of coyotes. It may be worth a call.

spyder7724

Reaction score
Called JPC and Aaron had this issue as well. big thanks to those guys!!!
Since I have a trans specialties converter I am able to replace the pilot on the converter with an extended version to correct this issue.
Other wise the bell housing could be machined or a longer adapter made for the crank.

taylor_reid

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack but please inform me on why you chose to run a 400. The reason I ask is because I am fed up with my mt-82, I am upside down because of the mt, and I am damn sure not going to spend the money to convert to OE automatic.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back