The 2012 Mustang GT Convertible

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Juice.

The car appears to have a Rouch (not sure of the spelling) exhaust system. Is there a benefit to having this system?

So today I had planned to program the phone systems to my phone and pair the garage door opener to the garage. Of course, it is pouring down rain. I still will do the phone but can't do the garage door without tracking a lot of mud into the car. (mountain living).

JimC

Reaction score
Thanks Juice.

The car appears to have a Rouch (not sure of the spelling) exhaust system. Is there a benefit to having this system?

So today I had planned to program the phone systems to my phone and pair the garage door opener to the garage. Of course, it is pouring down rain. I still will do the phone but can't do the garage door without tracking a lot of mud into the car. (mountain living).
Before you pair the new phone, make sure that the dealer deleted all of the prior owner phones. I ran into a problem on my 2019 that had prior phone data still entered - when I entered mine it locked up the system and I had to get help from Sync to get the old data out.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to delete the prior phone prior to getting mine entered. Wasn't easy but got the prior phone out and mine in. The people who write this stuff assumes we're all computer experts.

I could not get the door opener to work. I did everything the book said and lights blinked but nothing ever happened. It did wipe out the code on the key pad on the garage. I'll have to talk to sone smarter than me.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I'm feeling pretty smug this morning. I had a young person come over and program both cars and the exterior keypad. In my defense turns out the Ford book was incorrect on how long to hold down the red button on the garage door opener. The book said hold it down 15 to 20 seconds, so I was deleting the memory. Turns out you only hold it down for two seconds.

I watched Utube yesterday on the 2012 Mustang GT. Of all the premiums I looked didn't see any at that had the extra's in this car. The door panels have little Chrome Pony's on them, the floor carpets are all weather and have the Mustang emblems as does the trunk carpet. I'm sure there are things as I learn the car.... And the new pipes sound awesome.

Mustang 2012-c.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back