The Best Catch Cans in the Industry!

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
UPR-Pro-Series-Can.png

GAME OVER. UPR Products Billet Oil Catch Cans are officially THE BEST catch cans on the market! Check out our new Pro Series Catch Cans. They are the best looking, most effective way to block oil vapor from contaminating your combustion chamber. If you don't have one, you NEED one!

Check out our blog for details on our new Pro Series Catch Cans:

http://blog.uprproducts.com/2014/01/23/the-best-catch-cans-in-the-industry/

You can order these cans by calling UPR at 561.588.6630 or by clicking http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-oil-catch-cans.html

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Any pictures of anything other than the outside of the catch can? They look very similar to the JLT which we all know don't work worth a shit (I'm using two in series to do the job of one decent catch can). Please show us why your catch can is superior because I can't see shit in the pictures and video provided.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
So they're the best because UPR says so?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, more info please. I am ready to pull the trigger on a Moroso, sway my decision...

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Sharad, any more info on this? I want to replace my dual JLT cans with a single can that works great. Please show me why your can is the best in the industry. I'm looking for something a bit more detailed than a video of you pulling a full can of oil off the car, I want to see the baffling system on the can.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sharad, any more info on this? I want to replace my dual JLT cans with a single can that works great. Please show me why your can is the best in the industry. I'm looking for something a bit more detailed than a video of you pulling a full can of oil off the car, I want to see the baffling system on the can.

There is actually a youtube video where "Bob's" compared his can to JLT and UPR. JLT caught the least oil. The UPR can just traps more oil. I'll find internal pics of the can and post them up. Our oil trap is certainly more effective.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Any pictures of anything other than the outside of the catch can? They look very similar to the JLT which we all know don't work worth a shit (I'm using two in series to do the job of one decent catch can). Please show us why your catch can is superior because I can't see shit in the pictures and video provided.

My JLT catch a ton of oil every time I open it. About every month or two I open it and I have a bout a 1/4 inch of oil on it and I think that is a lot. I been thinking of buying the right drivers side because I think the car let way too much oil back into the intake.

I could not imagine how much oil will go in the intake without a catch can.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
My JLT catch a ton of oil every time I open it. About every month or two I open it and I have a bout a 1/4 inch of oil on it and I think that is a lot. I been thinking of buying the right drivers side because I think the car let way too much oil back into the intake.

I could not imagine how much oil will go in the intake without a catch can.

LOL stop buying into the hype. JLT catch cans suck, period. It's not catching all of it like you think. You're better off with a Moroso unit.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
LOL stop buying into the hype. JLT catch cans suck, period. It's not catching all of it like you think. You're better off with a Moroso unit.

I am not promoting any product here at all. I just noticed a lot of oil on the can that's all.

Like I said in my post earlier, looks like a lot of oil in it so I can not imagine how much more is going in the intake pas the can or even the other side that I don't have a can on it.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Last changed oil back in the middle of November, about 6,000 miles ago. 5w-20 RP oil. Here is what my JLT has in it (about a 1/4 of the cup):

x2av.jpg

Honestly, if there are cans that catch more than that in the given length of time, then yes I would drop the JLT. Plus, as Cam said, one located towards the STB is better than where JLT has theirs. It is kind of a pain to get the cup unscrewed with the lack of hand room. At first the JLT didn't work because the filter kept falling out of the hole in the top. Once I fixed it, that is when it started catching this much oil.

Also a couple pictures from the autocross last weekend, this is when I was running high 4th coming to brake for a 90* left hander (heel toe shift down to 3rd then 2nd).

1pzf.jpg

63t6.jpg

I think there was another thread, talking about the catch cans, saying the 5.0 will generate a few clouds if the oil isn't caught while running road course type events (constantly in the high RPM band). Is this pretty much what they are talking about? The weather was about 47* that day too, but there isn't any smoke coming out at other parts of the track which is pretty much long and wide turns.

EDIT: I think they mentioned it in this thread - http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73139&highlight=jlt+separator

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I have a JLT on mine with the updated filter in it. It's 100 times better than it was before, but it's still not catching all the oil. I'm definitely interested in something better, but I'd prefer to hear actual customer feedback first.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Id run the UPR setup but they wont send me one. I think they afraid of my honesty........ :wink:

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I've been reading lots of good reviews on the Bob's Autosports ones. They seem to catch the most according to a few tests I read. They have a bunch of options, and don't come with the cheap hoses that the Moroso does. My buddies Moroso under vacuum would collapse the hoses sometimes and he had to replace them. That seems to be common with them after some research...I would like to hear more from UPR before I make my final decision.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
And yet nobody from UPR will come back to say what makes theirs "the best"

When I first saw the thread title, I kinda thought it might be about Billet Technology catch cans, but I know they haven't released their Mustang cans YET

Billet Tech does, however, have the best cans for Chargers/300s/Magnums/Challengers/GTOs/Grand Cherokees.
That's an undisputed fact.

And Unauthorized Product Reproductions has been ripping off their design ever since they came out with it.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score

When I first saw the thread title, I kinda thought it might be about Billet Technology catch cans, but I know they haven't released their Mustang cans YET

Billet Tech does, however, have the best cans for Chargers/300s/Magnums/Challengers/GTOs/Grand Cherokees.

And Unauthorized Product Reproductions has been ripping off their design ever since they came out with it.

Checked their web site and products and it looks great. We can make it work on the mustangs....

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score

They do look good, I emailed them MONTHS ago, and they said they would be out very soon. Months later, still nothing. I don't really wanna wait...Makes no sense why they are taking so long, as there are not too many changes that they need to make to adapt them to a Mustang...

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
TBH, I could give a fuck about hoses since I need to route mine to fit my blower setup anyway. I'll definitely check out the BT can.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a review of the Moroso in my picture/video thread if anybody wants to check it out. I wont post it in here bc thats just rude. Upr can sponsor me and send me one and I would run it for a while and review it for them! hint hint! lol.

Back