The Best Catch Cans in the Industry!

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
TBH, I could give a fuck about hoses since I need to route mine to fit my blower setup anyway. I'll definitely check out the BT can.

Not sure if the fittings are in the right spot though. Been awhile since I looked though...

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
So they're the best because UPR says so?

Yep. And because they work so well. Believe it or not, we have a box full of JLT cans in our shop that people gave us after they upgraded to UPR cans. I snapped a pic, but I suppose it would be rude to post it.

that, and all of that chrome is just mesmerizing.

*polished aluminum. Yep, my car's all bling. Wanna race? :thumb2:

Yes, more info please. I am ready to pull the trigger on a Moroso, sway my decision...

The Moroso can itself seems to work very well. Ours works well too, but our fit and finish is nicer.

LOL stop buying into the hype. JLT catch cans suck, period. It's not catching all of it like you think. You're better off with a Moroso unit.

I don't want to be mean because Jay and I seem to have made peace with each other this past year, but he recognizes that his cans need improvement and he's in the process of redesigning them. There's a whole thread about it on SVTP.

Last changed oil back in the middle of November, about 6,000 miles ago. 5w-20 RP oil. Here is what my JLT has in it (about a 1/4 of the cup):

x2av.jpg

Honestly, if there are cans that catch more than that in the given length of time, then yes I would drop the JLT. Plus, as Cam said, one located towards the STB is better than where JLT has theirs. It is kind of a pain to get the cup unscrewed with the lack of hand room. At first the JLT didn't work because the filter kept falling out of the hole in the top. Once I fixed it, that is when it started catching this much oil.

Also a couple pictures from the autocross last weekend, this is when I was running high 4th coming to brake for a 90* left hander (heel toe shift down to 3rd then 2nd).

1pzf.jpg

63t6.jpg

I think there was another thread, talking about the catch cans, saying the 5.0 will generate a few clouds if the oil isn't caught while running road course type events (constantly in the high RPM band). Is this pretty much what they are talking about? The weather was about 47* that day too, but there isn't any smoke coming out at other parts of the track which is pretty much long and wide turns.

EDIT: I think they mentioned it in this thread - http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73139&highlight=jlt+separator

I'm getting ready to record another video of me checking the oil in my can. It has 5000 miles on this oil change. (Mobil 1 5W30) I'm sure the can will be full. (our can holds 7 ounces, JLT's holds 1.5oz)

We are very flexible with our kits. There are a multitude of options when it comes to lines and fittings, which means our cans can be mounted anywhere. When I added the ProCharger to my car, I moved the can behind the driver's side strut tower, still with our Pro Series Goodyear braided hoses and OEM Ford snap connectors.

Our cans can also be mounted this way with N/A applications.

I have a JLT on mine with the updated filter in it. It's 100 times better than it was before, but it's still not catching all the oil. I'm definitely interested in something better, but I'd prefer to hear actual customer feedback first.

Understood. I have a customer on MustangForums who A-B-A tested ours against JLT's can and ours trapped more oil. But I'll let you seek out the unbiased customer opinions. (I think his username on MF.com is goldenpony)

Id run the UPR setup but they wont send me one. I think they afraid of my honesty........ :wink:

We can work something out, but I can't just give stuff away. I just texted you a crazy offer. ;)

I've been reading lots of good reviews on the Bob's Autosports ones. They seem to catch the most according to a few tests I read. They have a bunch of options, and don't come with the cheap hoses that the Moroso does. My buddies Moroso under vacuum would collapse the hoses sometimes and he had to replace them. That seems to be common with them after some research...I would like to hear more from UPR before I make my final decision.

Bob's can also works well. I think our fit & finish is nicer, but bob's certainly does trap as much oil as ours does.

And yet nobody from UPR will come back to say what makes theirs "the best"

When I first saw the thread title, I kinda thought it might be about Billet Technology catch cans, but I know they haven't released their Mustang cans YET

Billet Tech does, however, have the best cans for Chargers/300s/Magnums/Challengers/GTOs/Grand Cherokees.
That's an undisputed fact.

And Unauthorized Product Reproductions has been ripping off their design ever since they came out with it.

^^Rude and disrespectful to post this in UPR's forum which we pay quite a bit of money for.

Anyway, I'm here. I reply as quickly as possible. There's a reason BT attacks us all the time. We put them into business and they struck out on their own, selling against us. There are always two sides to a story...

Checked their web site and products and it looks great. We can make it work on the mustangs....

Make sure you tell them Gabe referred you so he can collect his commission.

They do look good, I emailed them MONTHS ago, and they said they would be out very soon. Months later, still nothing. I don't really wanna wait...Makes no sense why they are taking so long, as there are not too many changes that they need to make to adapt them to a Mustang...

They are literally right next door to us. Do you want me to walk over and tell them to answer their friggen email? Or I can just hook you up with a great deal on a UPR can.

TBH, I could give a fuck about hoses since I need to route mine to fit my blower setup anyway. I'll definitely check out the BT can.

We make blower specific kits for centrifugals and PD blowers. We can put one together to mount the can wherever you'd like, using OEM connectors.

I have a review of the Moroso in my picture/video thread if anybody wants to check it out. I wont post it in here bc thats just rude. Upr can sponsor me and send me one and I would run it for a while and review it for them! hint hint! lol.

I can't give you one, but I can give you a really good deal on one.

Not sure if the fittings are in the right spot though. Been awhile since I looked though...

If you want to send me a PM, I can help you spec out a setup specifically for your application.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Can you post a picture or drawing of the inside of the catch can showing how the intake and exit are arranged and what type of filter/baffle setup it uses? Looking at the reservoir full of oil doesn't tell me a damn thing. I'm really trying to work with you here but you're not giving me any pertinent info to sway me into buying this can.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Can you post a picture or drawing of the inside of the catch can showing how the intake and exit are arranged and what type of filter/baffle setup it uses? Looking at the reservoir full of oil doesn't tell me a damn thing. I'm really trying to work with you here but you're not giving me any pertinent info to sway me into buying this can.

I know skwerl, and I'm sorry. I snapped a picture for this very reason a couple weeks ago... the problem is, I'm a photog and I have thousands of photos on my harddrive. I looked and couldn't find it. I might as well just pull mine apart and snap a pic, because I won't be in the office again until next week.

I'll look again right now-

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

Here skwerl, this is the picture I was thinking of. I thought the aluminum screen was off in this pic, but it isn't. Next time I'm in the shop, I'll completely disassemble one and post of a pic of that.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Here skwerl, this is the picture I was thinking of. I thought the aluminum screen was off in this pic, but it isn't. Next time I'm in the shop, I'll completely disassemble one and post of a pic of that.

That looks pretty good inside. What is the quality of your supplied hoses? Tested not to collapse? What about clamps or heat shrink clamps?

Thanks.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Gonna have to try this one out. I keep getting smoke out of the exhaust with my JLT can when down-shifting after a hard pull. And lemme tell you. That shit just doesn't look right on a 2011 Mustang 5.0 that pulls as hard as mine does.

UPR, please give me a PM quote.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know you cant give stuff away brotha, I'm just messing with you. So far I am happy with the one I currently own but if anything changes I will be sure to let you know sir!

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I guess I'm already sold considering the whole top is a filter, not just a small outlet (JLT). I guess it is something I will replace next oil change.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Since several of you have expressed interest in UPR's catch can, I'd like to offer you a special deal- sort of an unofficial group buy. If any of you contact me directly to purchase a UPR catch can, I'll give you a 10% discount and free shipping! That should help make the kits more affordable for everyone. I just want to put all of you into a UPR catch can because our cans do work well, and they look great.

NOTE- our standard catch can kits use rubber hoses which work well, but I strongly suggest our Pro Series hose upgrade. It includes Goodyear braided lines with billet hose ends which look terrific!

That helps. So far it looks better designed than the JLT piece of shit I have on my car.

Again, not to be critical of Jay because we're getting along better these days, but our catch cans do work better.

That looks pretty good inside. What is the quality of your supplied hoses? Tested not to collapse? What about clamps or heat shrink clamps?

Thanks.

I just sent you a PM, but for everyone else's benefit- our rubber hoses are fuel and oil resistant, so they work great and they don't collapse. But I do recommend our Pro Series hose option. The Goodyear braided line we use works great and looks awesome! We don't use hose clamps because the rubber lines stay tight on our barbed fittings. However, our Pro Series option comes with billet hose ends which hold the hoses even tighter on the barbed fittings.

Sharad I look forward to our partnership!!!!!

Oh, I see how it is James. You couldn't respond to my text, but you replied in the thread. Ya butthole! Kidding. You know I'll hook you up-

Gonna have to try this one out. I keep getting smoke out of the exhaust with my JLT can when down-shifting after a hard pull. And lemme tell you. That shit just doesn't look right on a 2011 Mustang 5.0 that pulls as hard as mine does.

UPR, please give me a PM quote.

Please see group buy offer above. I'd love to set you up with a UPR catch can!

I know you cant give stuff away brotha, I'm just messing with you. So far I am happy with the one I currently own but if anything changes I will be sure to let you know sir!

Cool, thanks. Yeah the Moroso can works well. Nothing wrong with that. I do like how our black cans look with the black braided line though. It's the whole theme I have going on with my 2011. :)

I guess I'm already sold considering the whole top is a filter, not just a small outlet (JLT). I guess it is something I will replace next oil change.

Excellent, just let me know when you're ready and I'll hook you up with the group buy price. Thanks!

PM sent...

PM replied. :)

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
caninternal_zps5df31eb5.jpg

So what keeps the oil from getting straight across from the intake to the outlet? What I like about the Bob's can is that the inlet is lower than the outlet. Heck, the JLT can looks like it should work but it doesn't.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
So what keeps the oil from getting straight across from the intake to the outlet? What I like about the Bob's can is that the inlet is lower than the outlet. Heck, the JLT can looks like it should work but it doesn't.

A large amount of filter media.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Nice deal you got going sharad! Going to be some sexy catch cans roud here!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back