The inevitable discussion.. 6.2 swap.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
While I will say that getting upset wont accomplish anything Trav, I do agree with you.

This most certainly is tech. Just because its theoretical doesnt mean it isnt tech.
How about the thread the other day where we were discussing the implications of overlap lowering dynamic compression while maintain high quench and its effectiveness compared to low compression pistons?
All that shit is very theoretical, and technical...

I guess on this forum its only "tech" if it involves physically turning wrenches. So I guess "Hey guys I put this here intake on in 20 minutes with my trusty screwdriver" is considered "tech", while discussion of a motor swap is "chit chat"...

My point exactly..

You're right though. I shouldn't let it bother me. I just get aggravated with shit like this, because I've seen/dealt with it on so many forums over the years.

"Hey, look at me.. I put this intake on in 20 minutes..

Oh, and by the way, you can buy it from me for 499.99."

Whatever.. lol..

Travis

I have an 05 but if someone sends me a 6.2 and $20,000 i'll figure out a way to make it work.

The biggest thing is going to be if we can get the DOHC ECU to play nice with the SOHC engine. Meaning, can we get it to run, and control the SOHC VTC system without much fuss. The rest is just regular old fab work.

I remember years ago, when people told me that I couldn't shoe-horn a V6 out of a Maxima into a Sentra.. Well, about 50 swaps later..

20.jpg

11 sec. car on a 75 shot, and 12.50's all motor. Oh, and it gets 28-30mpg on the highway.

This car has many of the same challenges, involving transplanting a full immobilizer system with transponder keys, drive by wire, BCM, and CAN systems.. etc.. So, this swap doesn't scare me one bit. I'll probably pick up a motor to tinker with, and hopefully the aftermarket takes a liking to it. If so, I'll probably try it out with some head work, cams, and high comp.

Travis

Last edited by a moderator:

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
I like your style Travis I would like to refer to the tech section to find this kind of information

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have a link or any other info? I'm eyeballing a 6.2 out of a wrecked F150. We do all sorts of crazy engine swaps, so, this wouldn't be anything new. :)
I could tell you Trav, but then I'd get the feeling I was being played for a chump. You're not like all butt hurt over the other night are you? Get over it man! I'm sure you're a good mechanic, and I forgive you for working in ricers. Now, ship me the 6.2 and I'll show you how it's done. lol P.S. don't forget the 20k, I'll be needing some slicks and shit.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sorry you disagree.

opinions are like buttholes.......... everyone has one.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Now, ship me the 6.2 and I'll show you how it's done. lol P.S. don't forget the 20k, I'll be needing some slicks and shit.

Hey, hey, hey. That was my idea, don't go cutting in on my work here buddy. Trav, ship ME the 6.2 and the 20k and I'LL make it work. haha.

46foxcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think this is a hypothetical swap at all. These motors are in production right now, and will become more and more available as time goes on. Think of these as the new 6.8 v10. There are going to be thousands built, and hundreds languishing in salvage yards ripe for the picking.

I've done a couple of mod-fox swaps myself, and the 6.2 appears to be along the same lines.

Problem is going to be headers and the big truck intake. Custom headers are going to be a must, and I don't imagine the truck intake is ideal for higher-rpm power. Do these have vct? If so, I would guess you'd have to lock it out and run a stand-alone engine management system. Is the firing order the same as a 4.6 or the new 5.0?

I can't see replacing my 11's 5.0 with a 6.2, but I would love to see one of these in a fox with a carburetor. I think it could have serious potential.

Someone WILL do this. Once scores of 11-up super duty work trucks end up in salvage yards, these motors will be plentiful, and likely cheaper than a Mustang 5.0.

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, hey, hey. That was my idea, don't go cutting in on my work here buddy. Trav, ship ME the 6.2 and the 20k and I'LL make it work. haha.
Sorry man, I started thinking about all the crazy shit I could do with 20k and my greed got the best of me!

Last edited:

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
I could tell you Trav, but then I'd get the feeling I was being played for a chump. You're not like all butt hurt over the other night are you? Get over it man! I'm sure you're a good mechanic, and I forgive you for working in ricers. Now, ship me the 6.2 and I'll show you how it's done. lol P.S. don't forget the 20k, I'll be needing some slicks and shit.

Umm.. did I miss something? lol.. Butt hurt about what?

I don't need anyone to show me how to do anything.. I'd run circles around most people on this site when it comes to this stuff.

Travis

Sorry man, I started thing about all the crazy shit I could do with 20k and my greed got the best of me!

Nice.. I wonder what size impeller they're running on the centri powered Raptor. Tons of area under the curve.. I bet that thing is fun to drive! I'd like to see one with a twin screw.

Travis

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back