The "New Look"

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Sd, you going to run the stock hood? Im not sure if your into cowl's to help with heat but if you Call up my buddy Jeremy @ Cervinis and tell him you plans for the seaon im sure they can work something out for price? might be one more sponser on board

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Sd, you going to run the stock hood? Im not sure if your into cowl's to help with heat but if you Call up my buddy Jeremy @ Cervinis and tell him you plans for the seaon im sure they can work something out for price? might be one more sponser on board

US-1 said:
The hood is the Dan Gurney hood from Saleen along with the Cervini's M1 hood scoop

:headscratch:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A Very Outstanding vehicle for sure.

tigerhonaker

cale aronson

Pro Stock Racer
Reaction score
I think that new car might have a little bit of a weight problem though...

ATT00045.jpg

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Ok....transmission has arrived at P/A and should be done by Friday. Talked to Ultimate Lenny yesterday evening about the converter. We decided that we need at least an additional 500 rpm on the stall speed but we're shooting for 700-800 more. Previously, I could stage the car at around 2200 rpm. Anything higher and the car would not "creep" at a controlled rate so it wouldn't be at the same spot each time. I could actually get around 2600 rpm on the foot brake which wasn't too bad considering the stock engine and only 10 degrees timing. Launching the car was no problem because it didn't build boost until 2800 rpm....again, due to the timing and stock engine. With the stroker shortblock and revised camshafts we should see boost build at around 2600 rpm or so. With an additional 500 rpm I should be able to easily stage the car and be able to leave under about 4-6 psi of boost. We are also changing from a 3.31 gear to 3.73 gears. Should help the car's sixty foot times and allow us to run 9's easily.

The rotating assembly has been selected and paid for ($2500) so I should have that in the shop by Friday. Last of the fuel system components was purchased as well. Three GT Supercar pumps, a Zone 5 Mega Driver, and all the fittings/hose ends/braided lines are on the way. Between Lethal and Jegs I'm out $1600.

Need to get the block here to start reworking that thing. Still need to do something about cylinder heads. Thought I had someone who wanted to work with me on them until he quoted me a price. Fucking retard must have forgotten that I was porting cylinder heads when he was still shitting yellow in his diaper. I'm all for helping someone promote their business but damn.....there needs to be some kind of give and take. And I don't mean "I give and you take" either.

C&L intake is here. FRPP throttle body will look nice on this thing as will the black Fore fuel rails. With the black fittings/hose ends and braided steel lines we should have a decent looking engine compartment. Got a quote from American Hydrocarbons on having the timing cover and valve covers done in carbon fiber wrap. Timing cover - $300; Valve covers - $280. Does that sound reasonable? Haven't checked many places so I'm unsure.

Need to get the 8.8 out of the car. Wish I had a bare housing instead. I'd really like to save my original setup for the future.

Damn....bought all that shit from Jegs and forgot to order a new harness. Damn two year bullshit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back