The one and only GABE's '13 GT Build Thread!

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm pretty sure you were the first person to comment on how much you loved my tires Gabe, I'm sure you'll be fast to get some wide rears!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yea I'm pretty sure you were the first person to comment on how much you loved my tires Gabe, I'm sure you'll be fast to get some wide rears!

I really really really wanted to do a staggered set-up but my stubborn WANT of all-season tires dictated the size I went with, plus I didn't wanna wait for the new Michelin A/S 3 that's due to be released later this summer

So, I get a year with these, I hope they'll last that long, lol

The rear tires I just removed had 7800 miles on them and one's almost at the wear bars, the other one's not far behind. Kinda shocked how worn they are actually ... I didn't think I burnt out that much, lol

The left rear may have been slightly overinflated cuz most of the wear is right down the middle

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
You only got about 8k miles out of a set of the factory tires? Good gosh man, step away from the burnouts!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
You only got about 8k miles out of a set of the factory tires? Good gosh man, step away from the burnouts!

haha ... One tire almost done, the other side has more tread ... weird, as I'm pretty sure it spins both when it does spin them.
And they weren't the factory tires.
I installed the all-season Kumhos at 4200 miles to replace the summer Pirellis so I could drive the car in cold weather.
I still have the Pirellis ... had a for-sale thread on them a while ago, got no bites, now they're just sitting on my balcony :(

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Honestly bro, shoulda went for a summer tire. They do just fine when it gets colder, not amazing obviously but you won't wreck lol. Now if you're driving your car in straight snow, then get a second set of wheels for that shit

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Honestly bro, shoulda went for a summer tire. They do just fine when it gets colder, not amazing obviously but you won't wreck lol. Now if you're driving your car in straight snow, then get a second set of wheels for that shit

I've driven the stock summer Pirellis in 45-degree weather and they were very slippery.

Ford says not to drive the car below 40 degrees with the summer tires on, and I kinda see why.

It gets down to single digits here in the winter, even without snow.
I wanted to be safer driving the car in that weather than with summer tires ...

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
And they're finally installed :D

Rims: SVT 18x9.5"
Tires: Continental ExtremeContact DWS all-season 275/40R18

2013-05-31_GT500-rims-1_zps15402866.jpg

A decent sized upgrade from the 255mm stock size :)

2013-05-31_GT500-rims-3_zpsc9cd0f60.jpg

null-40.jpg

325s or bust :naughty1:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The latest little mod to my '13 decklid panel is a new "5.0" sticker in black, stuck onto the Plasti-Dipped panel:

2013-07-13_rear-badge2_zps2eba1287.jpg

2013-07-13_rear-badge1_zps1f92bc00.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Needs boost :evil:

All in due time. Still getting the driveline ready for that. Still need to have the axle tubes welded, a driveshaft loop, and kill the vibrations from the 1-piece d/s.

^ that lol.

Look who's talking! Lol

I don't have the energy for a 100-page thread that ends in me selling the car (finally) boosted.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back