The one thing I hate about my Mustang is...

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
My glasses go on the clip built into the visor for this very thing. Cell phone sits on the dash just fine with one of those rubbery stickie mats from Autozone. The center console catches everything else like my handgun, wallet, change bag, etc.
Yours has a clip on the visor? :wtf:

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hate that my Mustangs are at the house, sitting, and I am in Brazil. Any faults or complaints I have about them pale in comparison to that.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
As far as dislikes go . . .

no mention in the owner's manual about periodically cleaning out the cowl grommet. Don't recall seeing it, anyway, so if it was mentioned it was buried where you'd read right past it without seeing it.

not having very many places to put stuff.

having to turn off the TC. If it was actually effective (which it doesn't appear to be), I could live with default = off and switchable even though my right foot seems to have a good enough TC built into it.

having to hit 'Reset' to turn off the TPMS message. No, I'm not going to spend another tire's worth of money to get a second set of those damn things. Didn't need them the first 45 years of driving, don't need them now, won't need them tomorrow.

Norm

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ONE thing?!? I have the following things I hate on my '05...

1.) Sagging F'n door panels inserts in my IUP door panels. FIrst it was just the passenger door. Then this summer the driver door started.
2.) Jacked up, monster truck, 4x4 ride height. I can barely get in and out of my driveway now so I gotta deal with it till my wife and I buy our next house in a few years.
3.) No button to pop the trunk in the car. WTF Ford ?!?!? It was too expensive to put one F'n button in the car? The after market guys are selling kits for chump change! Which I have to buy sometime.

Last edited:

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Hate getting water spots on the plastic side molding......might just paint those bitches.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I wish my mustang would stop begging me to bring it to 6500 rpm!!
POS.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Wish the pop-it screws in the trunk wouldnt keep popping off

yellowjohn1

forum member
Reaction score
About 1-2 times a week, I have a hell of a time getting mine into reverse. If I put it in a forward gear for a few seconds, it usually will go right into reverse but it's a hassle. Damn linkage.

I also have the driver's side plastic piece around the lock that pops off really easy and haven't bothered using any adhesive on it, so I have just been leaving it off.

I don't know if it's because it's getting colder, or the fact my vert is getting older, but it's starting to get those annoying creaks that verts get when you aren't on smooth roadway.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A base-model Chevrolet Cobalt has the feature where if you just tap the turn signal, it flashes three times then stops. Makes it very convenient when changing lanes. My wife's Avenger does the same thing. Hell, MOST cars out today have this feature.

My $36,000 Mustang does not. WTF?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I changed/modded everything I hated. LOL!

The absolute WORST OEM eye pain was/is the oem valve covers. HORRIBLE looking when you pop the hood. It TOTALLY takes away from such a beautifully laid out retro looking car.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Love the car minus the rear end clunks/noise but that just tends to come with the territory I guess.

Would love to change the color though. F black.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
A base-model Chevrolet Cobalt has the feature where if you just tap the turn signal, it flashes three times then stops. Makes it very convenient when changing lanes. My wife's Avenger does the same thing. Hell, MOST cars out today have this feature.

My $36,000 Mustang does not. WTF?

That $36k Mustang is also not smart enough to turn the dome light off if it's accidentally left on......happened to me already. :mad2:

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
W/ door rattles above, try putting some sound deadening material in the door panels. I will be doing this for the same reason, but it's supposed to help significantly.

On that note, the thing I hate the very most is my mustangs ability to constantly be a money sucking whore.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been done, but I need to vent. I know we've all got something we can't stand. Post it up!

For me, it's the retarded clamps on the exhaust system. I did some recent work to make the tips align in the cutouts a little better. When I first installed the axle back I had a hell of a time getting the joints to quit leaking. I ended up wrapping the entire joints in muffler tape and putting the clamp on over it.

While adjusting the tips I loosened the front clamps a little to get the alignment the best I could. Everything looks great, tighten clamps, start engine........MF exhaust leaks!!!! I'm so tired of screwing with these clamps. For now, I've wrapped the entire joint, clamp and all, in muffler tape. I don't have the motivation to mess with it any more.

I hate that they're tacked to the freaking pipe. If they were at least loose it would be slightly better. Rant off.

Let's hears yours!

My Mac exhaust never lined up correctly, So I banged it a few times with a rubber hammer/mallet and that did the trick:naughty1:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back