The tale of Black Betty

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
July of 14 I finally traded in the WRX for a new mustang. I have been debating on this for about 6 months now but finally pulled the trigger last night and couldn't be happier. Its been 8 years since I have DD a mustang and not a subaru so it will take some getting use to. Im sure I will be asking a lot of questions and be more active on here as well.

2014 Black GT Premium with Track Package and Recaros - 6spd Manual

The Night when I picked her up

The next morning when I woke up to look at my new beautiful ride

Glad to be back in a mustang full time!

The first thing that had to go was the quiet ass exhaust. I put on a set of MAC axle back mufflers. Made the car sounds sooooo much better.

The 4 inch tips are nice as well

A shot with my 94 GT vet

Here is where it will get fun. What currently is installed

BMR adjustable LCA's
BMR LCA relo bracket
BMR adjustable UCA
BMR double adjustable Panhard bar
BMR Panhard bar relo bracket
Airlift Performace suspension with digital V2(2.5 gallon tank and Viar 444c compressor)
Ford Racing short shifter w/2 post bracket
GT500 resonator delete OAP w/GT500 quad tip axle backs

The tank and compressor are mounted in the spare tire well so I can still have a functional trunk. The wheels are currently getting powder coated.

Updated - 3/10/15

This past weekend I got around to installing the airlift kit and the BMR stuff. I didnt get very many pictures during the install as I get too focused on parts and everything. Here are a couple shots I took of the rear that I remembered to take.

Passenger side rear:

Drivers side rear:

Test fit after the fronts were installed.

Heres a few shots after it was finished. I will get better shots when the stock wheels come off, hopefully this week.

Overall the install wasnt too bad. A buddy and I did it in a weekend in his garage with just jack stands and floor jacks. It would have been much easier with an actual lift but it wasnt terrible without one. I had a few leaks in the system that I had to track down and that was probably the most frustrating part of the whole thing. I think I still have a very small leak in the drivers front as I lost a couple of psi overnight so I will track that down in the next couple weeks probably.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Nice. Darren's head is going to explode over the dirty car, and WTF is with the Camaro? Trying to hang with the cool kids? :poke:

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the dirty car but I took all weekend to install the kit so I didn't have time to wash her. The camaro is my friend's that help me with the install

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
which wheels are those and what color are they getting powder coated?
All you guys with airlift are starting to get to me....

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
which wheels are those and what color are they getting powder coated?
All you guys with airlift are starting to get to me....

One of us, one of us, join us

Awesome car. Keep it up

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
thank you!. Yes, at some point I will get a blower. Probably not for a year or two though

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Buy a DoB manifold. Doing a group buy right now :p

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! I still need to find time to install the roush side splitters and front lip

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
exact same problem here....

i got some roush side splitters and gt500 front splitter, had them forever but been lazy about installing them...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back