there's still a 3v aftermarket? (new intake manifold)

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Few I have seen have had to be refabricated to make work. S&H has the most reasonably priced fabricated metal intake I have seen. Hogan has the nicest.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Anyone purchase specifically the 3v Sniper intake manifold and opinions please???????

I can tell you why I decided against it. It's not plug and play even if it fits. All of the vacuum lines need to be routed to an area with 4 threaded holes in a boss. Need to hook up a vacuum line? Screw a fitting into one of the holes.

I try to keep my engine bay as neat and stock looking as possible. Having hoses routed all over to this boss area just didn't appeal to me. Neither did having to use their fuel rail. They don't have pics of this rail but I have a suspicion it's also not plug and play. Can't say for sure because they totally suck at pictures and accurate descriptions.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
While it's not a 3v I did see one installed on a yote' earlier this year, of course you can't really see anything as far as the fuel rails go. This is on a Power by the Hour car:

FWIW the rep I spoke with said it makes "just a little more power than the FRPP intake, maybe 7hp or so". Not worth the hassle IMO especially since it's a sales rep that said that, may not be accurate info.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FWIW the rep I spoke with said it makes "just a little more power than the FRPP intake, maybe 7hp or so". Not worth the hassle IMO especially since it's a sales rep that said that, may not be accurate info.

I wonder where the rep pulled the more than FRPP HP from. The FRPP really flows nice on top.

travelers

Reaction score
That might be good with a turbo or vortech type of blower but NA would only gain at the upper end of the rpm range.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
I can tell you why I decided against it. It's not plug and play even if it fits. All of the vacuum lines need to be routed to an area with 4 threaded holes in a boss. Need to hook up a vacuum line? Screw a fitting into one of the holes.

I try to keep my engine bay as neat and stock looking as possible. Having hoses routed all over to this boss area just didn't appeal to me. Neither did having to use their fuel rail. They don't have pics of this rail but I have a suspicion it's also not plug and play. Can't say for sure because they totally suck at pictures and accurate descriptions.

Thanks good info, you think that a Company like Holley would by now have it all worked out, but just like the rest of the aftermarket performance suppliers it's a crap shoot. I've just gotten use to fixing the mistakes and moving on and that's even if I can get the parts without hearing it's on back order.
The fuel specific fuel rails makes you want to cringe.

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
i just got my intake from them and will be installing it in two weeks see how it works out right off the bat i noticed my GT500 TB wont fit need a adapter plate for it the electroincs hit on the intake no biggie ill finally get a spacer and solve that one. next up is im going to attempt and use my fore fuel rails since they bolt up the same. following that holley claims this one is a revised version and wont hit the alternator will find out when i get back home

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holley bought Weiand a few years back and promptly shipped production to China. Cashing in on the name by flushing the quality.

So this does not surprise me at all.

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
i just got my intake from them and will be installing it in two weeks see how it works out right off the bat i noticed my GT500 TB wont fit need a adapter plate for it the electroincs hit on the intake no biggie ill finally get a spacer and solve that one. next up is im going to attempt and use my fore fuel rails since they bolt up the same. following that holley claims this one is a revised version and wont hit the alternator will find out when i get back home

PICTURES PLEASE!! :clap:

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Holley bought Weiand a few years back and promptly shipped production to China. Cashing in on the name by flushing the quality.

So this does not surprise me at all.

Holley has been bought and sold by private equity groups for the past 20yrs and those groups are only interested in making money, not making a quality product, Holley was hurting before the Great Recession and really started cutting costs for the Great Recovery.

I'm looking at going turbo so I'm interested in how the Holley manifold performs over the FRPP intake myself.

ChuckyRick

Reaction score
Also interested in hearing an update. They have a "HolleyDays" promotion running until the 31st of December where the manifold (incl fuel rail kit) is only $476. I imagine this would be a very clean looking set-up for anyone running breathers on their VC's and deleted EVAP, who only require the Brake booster vacuum line which is already routed to the back of the manifold anyways.

Holley has updated their website since this first came out so we now know it's a dual 65mm bore TB pattern, and the fuel rails are 3/8" bore units, that are styling-wise similar to the aeromotives, that include all -8an fittings and pre-made crossover line to plumb it into your existing fuel system (Given you already have a female AN fitting on your line). *Only additional thing to buy would be a FRP Sensor block if you still require it.*

Given they're correct when they claim the fitment issues are figured out, For $476 this seems like a wicked deal especially for anyone who is in the market for a new manifold and upgraded fuel rails