Thermostat Question

larry's roush

Still learning
Reaction score
I have a 2007 stage 3 roush.Want to change stock thermostat to a reische 170.I think roush went to 06 set up with octapus set with thermostat in the hose housing.But not sure what thermastat to use. Ford 4d or ford 4s.Anybody have any knowledge of which thermostat is used with this setup.Thank you just want to make sure i get right one.

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
You're going to get various replies, but this is what I've found out.

Going to a lower temperature thermostat adversely affected my fuel mileage. Sure, I had somewhat lower temps, but for my daily driver it wasn't worth the cost.

Your results may vary.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To answer your question op, yes they are different thermostats so if your blower kit converted you to 05/06 you will need the 05/05 style one. The reische 170 is a perfect choice for a roots/screw style blower due to the added heat.
For a centri/turbo setup its not really needed. I have a reische 170 on my turbo setup and noticed a huge benefit in cooling and needed it due to not having a fan shroud at the time. Now that my turbo wont be in the engine bay and I am putting a stock fan back on I will likely put the stock t-stat back in.

larry's roush

Still learning
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.Heard all the pros and cons with going with lower stat. But thought it might help with lower air intake temps.Got trufiber gts 3 hood on way and thought id try lower stat, Headers made a lot of under hood heat along with this little over pullied m90.
Looks like its the 2005-2006 stat. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back