This just happened an hour ago... tell me if it is totaled?

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are ok. I say unless its crumpled behind the strut towers its fixable. In my eyes TRACK CAR now!!!

M1L1T1A

forum member
Reaction score
Glad you are alright... who is at fault? I ask as I was rearended in a previous stang and was able to keep them from totaling it by proving to the other person's insurance that the car was worth more than simply bluebook. I just faxed the receipts for the motor, trans, suspension, and body mods... no questions after that, they just sent a check to get it fixed.

Her fault. She pulled out in front of my on the highway. I dont have any receipts

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Glad to see you and the lad came out unscathed , damn shame about the car.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Very sorry to see that, really glad to hear you and your son are OK.

Please take the following information to heart...

Your body, and your sons, are hiding behind adrenalin. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Please go see your "Family" doctor and get checked out.

It is horrifically shocking how many times I have seen clients... Think they are OK and just sore a few days later... Only to end up learning six months, or even years later they had an injury from the accident.

I know I am just some person on the web that you do not know. All I can hope is someone you know like and trust offers you the same advice.

I am walking proof of thinking I was OK. And to this day, I am not. Sometimes in life things left alone cannot be fixed...

Good luck, and I hope your Insurance Agent helps you with the process of how to best prepare yourself, for the offer you will get from the insurance company.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score

Your body, and your sons, are hiding behind adrenalin. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Please go see your "Family" doctor and get checked out.

It is horrifically shocking how many times I have seen clients... Think they are OK and just sore a few days later... Only to end up learning six months, or even years later they had an injury from the accident.

I know I am just some person on the web that you do not know. All I can hope is someone you know like and trust offers you the same advice.

I am walking proof of thinking I was OK. And to this day, I am not. Sometimes in life things left alone cannot be fixed...

Good luck, and I hope your Insurance Agent helps you with the process of how to best prepare yourself, for the offer you will get from the insurance company.

Amen to this! I have an issue with my back that I aggravate on occasion from an accident when I was 17 years old. 25+ years later it will still take the breath out of me and keep me from sleeping when I piss it off. Get Checked Out!!!

Mikes06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Shame about car but glad you and son walked away! S197 is right though. You guys should have gone straight to hospital after that. Looked like a hard impact and once that adrenaline is gone today you and your son will feel it. Hope it all works out!!

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear for you loss.
But better the car, than you or you son.
The situations sucks. It hurts. But your car is replaceable. Your son and yourself are not...

Everyone has a different opinions on this:
Get an attorney. Will make your ride through this a lot smoother.
If you start feeling aches and pains, get the appropriate help, not just heading to the doctor for pain meds...

I have to back the rest of the replies that says this is totaled.
Saturday I was in an accident that looks to be a 1/3-1/4 the damage. The body shops estimate still scares me. When my Mustang was broadsided in October, I thought it was gonna be totaled: it was saved.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Glad you are ok, such a shame about the car. Was that the trufiber/trucarbon A45 hood?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score

This is very true! I don't know if you seen my thread but I felt fine after the accident until about 2-3 days later. I'm still dealing with a bad back depending on the day.

Go get checked out.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
This is very true! I don't know if you seen my thread but I felt fine after the accident until about 2-3 days later. I'm still dealing with a bad back depending on the day.

Go get checked out.

I missed that reply. Ya, what he said. My REALLY bad accident was in May. My back was seizing up about 6 hours later. I was seeing a DC and LMT 3 days per week until October. I am a Chiropractor's son and know the accident routine. But I still got discouraged and irritated at all the pain, stiffness, and stress my body was going through. It took until October for everything to relax. Thank God I did, or I don't know what mess i would still be in.

I don't know your age, but you only have one body. Take care of it the best you can.

Reaction score

A+ Post.

hammerdown

forum member
Reaction score

I'm just going to keep parroting this. Add me to the list. I still have back problems (as in nerve issues) from an accident I was in when I was 19 and was rear ended. Sense then if I bend to the right a certain way it feels like I just got hit in the back with a cattle prod. Get checked out.. get as much compensation as you can.

Very sorry about the car. It looked like a clean ride.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back