This Shelby sounds different!

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went by RET today and saw this thing turn on.

YouTube - Hellraiser Shelby open down pipes

YouTube - GT500 First start up. Hellraiser twin turbo Set up

TTShelby001.jpg

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
its called compund boost. 5.0 just did a write up on it. i was thinking of doing something like that years ago. first i ever saw it was on a detroit diesel engine. big honkin turbo almost directly lined up with a roots style blower

acrophobia13

eat. sleep. drive.
Reaction score
that's cool, no idea what kind of numbers it's makin huh?
They had an article on it in Hot Rod a while back, if I remember correctly the kit was originally designed for the Terminator Cobras and was making 1000+rwhp for them. The GT500 kit is supposed to make 800+ rwhp easily.

Yep, found the article. Page 90, April 2009 Hot Rod. The kit makes 712 hp and 718lb-ft to the tires on 91-octane pump gas. They say with some rear suspension mods and stickier tires, the car would be good for 9s.
Must be a helluva drive!

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They had an article on it in Hot Rod a while back, if I remember correctly the kit was originally designed for the Terminator Cobras and was making 1000+rwhp for them. The GT500 kit is supposed to make 800+ rwhp easily.

Yep, found the article. Page 90, April 2009 Hot Rod. The kit makes 712 hp and 718lb-ft to the tires on 91-octane pump gas. They say with some rear suspension mods and stickier tires, the car would be good for 9s.
Must be a helluva drive!

I would expect much more out of it than that for the money spent. Hell, HPP Racing has a twin turbo kit for Terminators that will do 1000+ that they designed and have been installing for a couple of years. And as for GT500s, they have installed a couple of big Whipples that are putting down over 800 on pump gas.

Unless they are seriously detuning that car I see it as nothing more than novelty.

acrophobia13

eat. sleep. drive.
Reaction score
I would expect much more out of it than that for the money spent. Hell, HPP Racing has a twin turbo kit for Terminators that will do 1000+ that they designed and have been installing for a couple of years. And as for GT500s, they have installed a couple of big Whipples that are putting down over 800 on pump gas.

Unless they are seriously detuning that car I see it as nothing more than novelty.
I agree, I would think that with twin turbos and a twin-screw you should definitely have alot more than 800 rwhp. Especially since the Kenne Bell kits alone are good for that much?
I'd venture a guess that they're easily capable of alot more and are just extremely detuned.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back