Thought I'd ask you guys since you're on the smart side......

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
This is on my 2001 Cobra. I have a Raptor shift light in my car. When under boost it will flash like it's being reset sometimes. It never did this when I was NA. I'm already planning on closing the gap a little since I have a stutter around 3500rpm. Would a missfire cause the light to flash like that? The light is connected to the number one COP at the ECU per the I instructions I used when I installed it years ago.

The set up is a BB/stroker, Vortech T trim, NGK TR6's gapped at .026". I'm planning on re-gapping them to .024" or .022". I'm not completely sure of the boost level. Last I was able to check I was hitting 15psi around 5K, but then my boost gauge started sticking at 11psi. I found that out when I hooked it up to my air compressor. A/F is 11.4-11.6.

I know it's not an S197, but like I said, you guys are on the smart side compared to others.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did u mess around with any of the warning settings? They have the capacity to be set to alert the user when certain pid is at a set level

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
The only thing I've changed is the rpm it's supposed to come on. I didn't know there were other options. This one is about 7 years old.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Just a follow up. I swapped out the COPs with new ones and the shift light isn't reseting randomly anymore. I guess 108k was about it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow! I just noticed we could use a TECH area for you! Kinda like this!

Picture2-9_zps5a9d4a20.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back