Throwing P2272 Code

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
Hey guys, Been a while since I posted but I finally got off my ass and Installed my Kooks LT Headers and Midpipe on my 06 GT. I drove it home from my buddies shop without issue but when I took it out today to a couple stores the check engine light poped up. I checked it with my SCT and found out the code and it also had some kind if decription.

P2272: O2 Sensor Stuck Lean Bank 2 Sensor 2.

Could anyone give me a better explenation as to what this means and am I safe to limp it around town when I absolutely have to? This is my only car while my GF is at work. We have another vehicle that we use more now that its winter time and Mustangs SUCK in the snow/cold lol. But its all I got when shes out.

It also has a CAI and tune for the CAI. It isnt tuned for the headers yet. Im trying to save up for a proper dyno tune with Dasilva Racing (Local shop)

Thnks guys,

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like u removed the O2s but didn't get a tune adjustment.

voodoo

forum member
Reaction score
Sensor 2 only monitors catalyst efficiency. Have your tuner turn off the rear sensors ("sensor 2" aka HO2S12 (bank 1) and HO2S22 (bank two)). Car is completely safe to drive w/rear O2 sensor codes.

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
Thank you very much guys. Tune should be coming soon "income tax" I'll also be keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't throw any more codes. So far just that one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back