Time for a new hood! couldn't have worked out better?

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
So a friend of mine does body work and called me the other day with an issue....hes got an 06 car that needs a hood....well anyone knows that a new hood prices out for $1300 and aftermarket stock parts are not that good and still price out at about $800.....thats where I get the call....he knows I wasn't happy with the cheap knock off cowl hood I had and sold because it didnt fit good and knew I wanted another cowl hood....and he knew my stock hood was the perfect replacement for the damaged one he was working on....so after he proposed to purchase me a nrw cowl hood and paint it....and I agreed he cleared it with the insurance company and the customer and im now looking at hoods....I cant wait...

Looking at these choices....

1) kaneen 3"

Same hood I had before but mine was a champion cheap pc

2) H.O Fibertends 3" cowl

3) something from cervini

Heres what he brought me to keep the rain out....lol...

So is this good for me or am I crazy.....im excited. ...

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the Steeda/Kaenen hoods, I wish they had one for the 10-12's...

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
the fibertrends hood on Ras' car looks amazing, and i say go with the cobra r from cervinis, but im a little biased

Last edited:

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
the fibertrends hood on Ras' car looks amazing, and i say go with the cobra r from cervinis, but im a little biased

That looks badass. I have had three cobra r hoods from cervinis including the first one ever for a fox body to the public. They are local to me so I can just pick them up.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, my dad still has the Foose Stallion hood.

This hood is aluminum and fits exactly like an OEM hood. Even an expensive fiberglass hood requires a bunch of prep to get it to fit right. It's just the nature of fiberglass.

Make ya a good deal on it...

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114208

DSC_2773.jpg

Last edited:

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I say stick with the red loaner hood! :roflsquared:

I like option #2! I think the Kaneen and Cervini hoods look good, but you don't see to many where the cowl incline starts closer to the front of the hood.

Looks awesome!

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
I say stick with the red loaner hood! :roflsquared:

I like option #2! I think the Kaneen and Cervini hoods look good, but you don't see to many where the cowl incline starts closer to the front of the hood.

Looks awesome!

Bahaha

Yeah thats what my son said....lol

Im am seriously thinking about the ho hood....

It does stand out more...

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score

I do really like this on a coupe....just haven't seen many on a convertible.....

Car look awesome!

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
That cervini hood looks sweet do you have pictures of it painted and mounted to your car

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back