Time for a new rear end

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Well, I think it's done and over with. A few months ago, I launched fairly hard at the track and I heard a pop come from the rear. But, the car kept going so I thought it was just exhaust... Well, 3-4 months later I'm getting a strage sound coming from the rear with every rotation. Then, couple days ago, I here a loud pop come from the rear every time I take a corner. Last night, I took a turn (slowly) and one rear tire locked up as I turned. Then when I straightened out, it popped and started rolling again. Anyways, it's basically toasted. Not sure exactly what, hope to find out this weekend. Meanwhile, I am still driving the car. But, only about 4 miles a day. At least, until I make my 200 mile trip this weekend to my parents place and the shop I'll take my car to. Basically, I'm posting this because I will be updting with pics the whole way. Also, let's say I need a whole new rear, should I just go built 8.8? HP right now is just shy of 550rwhp and just shy of 570rwtq. Also, what's the going prices these days? Thanks all!

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are planning on taking it 200 miles away I sure hope it is going to be on a trailer. That noise you are hearing when you turn is a broken Spider Gear or two. That means they have metal chunks floating around you housing getting stuck in all the bearings. The tire may have locked up due to a piece of metal becoming lodged in the carrier. If the Spider Gear drops out it can cause the Differential Pin to shear the bolt and fall out. When the pin falls your rear end housing becomes two pieces.

If you drive it 200 miles like it is you just as soon order a Currie 9" so you can install it when the wrecker drops it off. I would not be driving it like that especially if one are the tires are locking up.

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Sure am glad I posted on here. Thanks. Maybe I'll hit up a U-Haul or something then.

Damn, can never catch a break with this car. Gotta pay to play I guess. haha!

BTW, Always loved the cat and dog in your sig. haha!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
time for a 9" rear. they are unbreakable and bulletproof. I can make you an unbeatable offer if you like. Save you over $800 bucks. PM me.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Mike. Check this out also.

http://www.blowbyracing.com/88bbrreparip.html

yhst-14752229404082_2176_5305489

Synthetic Gear Lube pictured is not what is included*
required lube as per Eaton will be included in this package.

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i jsut destroyed a tru trac, not exactly bulletproof, haha

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
seats, body panels, interior trim, exhaust, fuel components......ummmm its getting hard now lol

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
point is if its weak, i find it for you guys. should all thank me lol

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I destroyed a Tru-Trac in my 8.8" that made the housing junk and also broke a Tru-Trac in my 9". I have a Detroit Locker in it now but looking hard at the WaveTrac that Ron has.

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Until I can fully make up my mind, I'm taking a GT500 take-off with 4500 miles on it. Guess I'll save some gas for a while at it's only has 3.31's in it. lol! Pics of install coming this weekend.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

What haven't you destroyed...

seats, body panels, interior trim, exhaust, fuel components......ummmm its getting hard now lol

point is if its weak, i find it for you guys. should all thank me lol

the list is getting smaller

I'm just personally grateful for all your R&D on how to break shit

least someone appreciates my hard work! :beer:

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roflmao::roflmao:

Boozshey

Reaction score
Until I can fully make up my mind, I'm taking a GT500 take-off with 4500 miles on it. Guess I'll save some gas for a while at it's only has 3.31's in it. lol! Pics of install coming this weekend.

Oh damn, I thought you didn't want it... I bought it last night and had him bring it over already. I guess if you still want it, I can sell it to you for a little more. :beerdrink:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back