Tire Shops

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
Who do you recommend to mount your tires? I have had bad experiences with two national tire stores. I have a 2013 SHO as a daily driver and just got new tires. That shop destroyed all four rims. To their credit they purchased and installed four new rims. I just had my summer tires removed on my Mustang to install tires that had grip in the cold. This shop dinged two of my Brembo rims. This is after I expressed my concerns with the manager before they did any work. Showed him each rim to him and there were no marks. He showed me their equipment which had plastic attachments and they would not harm the rims. Well they did, they are making me file a claim with their insurance company. After the fact one of their employees said that no one can change tires these days without some marks on the rims.

Where do you get your tires installed? I am just very frustrated right now.

05sonic4.6

forum member
Reaction score
My advice would be to try and find a private shop, they actually give a damn most of the time, chain shops and dealers honestly aren't careful because they hire the cheapest labor possible with the cheapest equipment, which 9 out of 10 times is kids just out of wyotech who think they know everything and don't give a damn about customers, I used to work at Cadillac and before that Goodyear and it would drive me nuts the lack of respect for people cars they had, and that's also why I never let anyone else work on my car or even drive it for that matter hah

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I use a local "mom an pop" place. they let me sit there an watch them mount them. even do my motorcycle tires.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I work in the business, with both national chains and local shops... I wouldn't blindly trust a chain store to hold my keychain, let alone work on my car. I have certain stores around me that I know the guys at and trust, but the chains as a whole are usually pretty bad. Only positive is that they stand behind their work and don't usually hassle you when they fuck something up (not if, when)

Only one I would trust in a pinch is Mavis (or Cole, same company) and they're regional at best, not national.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check with a Chevy dealer that does there own corvette wheels. If they send them out, they can tell you who they use.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back