To modify or not to modify

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
thats just more than i wanted to spend could 3-4k get me some noticeable improvements as well as better sound? Im just nervous about supercharging my daily, would the cams,headers and heads be less wear and tear on my motor?

If your having a shop do the installation for you.. By the time your done paying for both parts and labor, I really don't see how your going to come out any further ahead over a supercharger anyhow..

Just as Wes mentioned in his post, you can always find a take off GT500 blower and save yourself some money that way and then all you would need to do to install it, is just get the upper intake manifold from D.O.B..

If your concerned about wear and tear.. A positive displacement supercharger such as the GT500/roots style provides excellent power and torque gains at lower levels of boost that cause the least amount of stress on an engine..

My Mustang has been supercharged with a Saleen blower for nearly 10 years and is still going strong with no issues whatsoever..

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
After having done all those mods, LTs, cams, gears etc.....just save for a blower. I added all those mods and was not satisfied. Added a blower and now the car is really fun. 5.5 years with a blower and over 500 runs at the drags.... car runs as good now as it did when I bought it.

nola504boy

forum member
Reaction score
thats just more than i wanted to spend could 3-4k get me some noticeable improvements as well as better sound? Im just nervous about supercharging my daily, would the cams,headers and heads be less wear and tear on my motor?

Just get a on3 kit. They start at just under $2k, I have full bolt ons, cams, 4.10 gears & nitrous on my car & I make 477rwhp & 544tq on spray. If I could do it all over again I would have just bought a on3 kit.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
DOB manifold, fuel kit, plugs, etc

Basically the 4grand for the dob kit, + that supercharger/tb

then whatever the shop charges

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
Considering the sc now, so what else exactly would I need to go with this. And what would a rough labor cost be to install?

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/e...ntent=EN9130&gclid=CIi7govGm8wCFU6SfgodxakJLQ

labor will vary , if your in the swamps it will cost a shit load ,
if you have many shops at your disposal then you can pert near make the price if ya know how .
you will need to have the car tuned also and that kit i do think you will
need bigger injectors , colder plugs , maybe pulleys maybe a belt and a hand held tuner , just to start .
you are entering the world of the fast and furious and when you do look out .
i did the same thing and i am still furious and waiting to be fast , LOL .

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
Considering the sc now, so what else exactly would I need to go with this. And what would a rough labor cost be to install?

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/e...ntent=EN9130&gclid=CIi7govGm8wCFU6SfgodxakJLQ

this is just the supercharger. it's the larger one like on the 13 and up gt500's.
you will need a intake with intercooler, some type of adaptor to mount the alternator and the extra pulleys required to turn the supercharger, heat exchanger and pump, lines for the heat exchanger, some type on intake system, and upgrade your fuel system to handle the extra airflow. you will also have to install forged internals in your motor to use that supercharger.

as others stated earlier a complete DOB kit is probably the best deal to install a 07-12 gt500 supercharger on a 3V mod motor.

to install the supercharger in your link you could just buy a DOB basic kit. it includes the intake and brackets to mount the supercharger and alternator, you have to supply the rest of the parts.
this is the kit I used to install my earlier design TVS 2.3 like in your link.
I make 650rwhp on pump gas with my setup.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back