To My 05-09 Peeps

rayS197

Reaction score
Car turned 9 years old this weekend and I recently broke the 10K mark... total garage queen that only comes out for cruises and shows... It's still a blast to drive now that it has a SC, but handles like a boat compared to our Infiniti's. No real desire to sell or upgrade since i love the retro look of he 05-09's. i have seen the s550 in person several times and I am not yet in love...

Ray: you drive a lot less than I do!
I do need to drive it more. I thought you were going to post up about 5k on your car.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Car turned 9 years old this weekend and I recently broke the 10K mark... total garage queen that only comes out for cruises and shows... It's still a blast to drive now that it has a SC, but handles like a boat compared to our Infiniti's. No real desire to sell or upgrade since i love the retro look of he 05-09's. i have seen the s550 in person several times and I am not yet in love...

Ray: you drive a lot less than I do!

What kind of suspension upgrades do you have?

rayS197

Reaction score
Mike has the cleanest and detailed Saleen I have ever seen. Not over done at all and well thought thru. Pictures dont show everything. You have to see it in person.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I put a little over 37K on my 07 the first year I owned it (bought new in July '07)...Just after the one year mark I quit using it as a DD. I believe it has 57k on it now.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I put a little over 37K on my 07 the first year I owned it (bought new in July '07)...Just after the one year mark I quit using it as a DD. I believe it has 57k on it now.

Wow!!! I put 20k the first year on the 2005, then all miles are either to the track, or 1/4 mile passes. I made a few trips to Mustang week too, but it rarely saw the road other than that. Finish on the car is still pretty darn good considering the racing duty...

Nsane44

Reaction score
Just broke 70k and will be rebuilt soon for forged internals.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
2006 with 6385 total miles on the Car. 440 miles on new motor. aRGG!!

Jesus Ray, drive that thing, its needs some exercise. LOL

06 with 30k. Bought it in 09 with 15k. Funnest 15k miles I have ever driven.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
125K and it just went in for some body work due to a semi truck side swiping me. It will get a whole new bumper, and the whole thing reapinted in mineral grey

stlsteph08

forum member
Reaction score
I'm at 42k on my '08. Only about 3,000 have been put on it in the last 3 years. First few years it was a daily :(

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Do you guys ever have the itch to upgrade to something newer?
Sure . . . for things like newer and better tires, lighter and wider wheels, another step up with the brake pads, and miscellaneous suspension bits.

For entire cars, not particularly. Historically the length of time we've kept our cars averages out to a little over 15 years, so the '08 is still relatively just a kid at 6-1/2.

With all the tech and infotainment stuff that I'm not interested in, and all the electronic driver interferences and what-not that I really don't want bothering me when I'm out on a track or at an autocross . . . that they're packing into cars these days . . . I'm not even sure that I can look at a new car as being an upgrade any more. Even when the performance is made incrementally better, if the car's character becomes more diluted and antiseptic by all that other stuff it feels like another step away from cars as something to enjoy just the driving part with.

Norm

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back