Tone ring ABS mustang 05

MUSTANGFRANCE

Reaction score
Hello to all I wanted to have a little information, I unfortunately put a hammer on the ABS ring of the right rear wheel and several teeth are crushed. I give you the pictures can you tell me if this is serious or if my sensor will detect it anyway. After if it is HS know you or I can buy one not too expensive ??? thanks for cos answers.

20180309_104756.jpg

20180309_101553.jpg

20180309_101547.jpg

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
It needs to be replaced. The Tone Ring must have a specific Air Gap 360 degrees around where the Sensor references. If not recognized properl it can/will turn on an ABS or Tracion Control Light

MUSTANGFRANCE

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "86GT351, post: 2423421, membre: 7797"] Il doit être remplacé. L'anneau de tonalité doit avoir un écart d'air spécifique de 360 degrés autour duquel le capteur se réfère. S'il n'est pas reconnu correctement, il peut allumer / allumer un témoin ABS ou Tracion [/ QUOTE]
Thank you for your quick response I think it also unfortunately :( do you know where I can get a new one for a resonable price?

MUSTANGFRANCE

Reaction score
Thank you very much guys it's nice. At least I would have more doubts. after another small question, i have removed the yok for the change of the nose bridge seal, but i have a little doubt about the setting of the pinion of attack can you tell me if the adjustment to the correct air because it is the first time I do work of this kind. Thank you all

20180308_135834.jpg

20180308_135752.jpg

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you very much guys it's nice. At least I would have more doubts. after another small question, i have removed the yok for the change of the nose bridge seal, but i have a little doubt about the setting of the pinion of attack can you tell me if the adjustment to the correct air because it is the first time I do work of this kind. Thank you all

That's the coast side, the drive side is the side you're most concerned with, put some marking compound on it and see what it looks like.

It does a little shallow , try a .003 thicker pinion shim and recheck the depth.. .

cgornowich

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good coast pattern to me. But the drive side is the most critical one, so "flip it over" and check that one. You can google "ring and pinion patterns"...

MUSTANGFRANCE

Reaction score
Thank you for your answers guys it's nice :) I redo photos Thursday on the other side of the crown. Thanks again your advice is valuable to me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back