Took Delivery of our 15 EcoBoost Mustang today!

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Plenty educated, I just hate when shops heat soak a car, dyno it then claim enormous gains that are not there.
Agree to disagree.

Well, if you are insinuating that then you aren't familiar with our company or how we operate. We actually back up our claims with track times to match the power. We always use the most consistent numbers for our posts. Many times we don't publish the highest numbers after we're done if they're not repeatable. No cost case vs. Best case here. There were stock dyno runs we performed on this car that were much, much lower than posted.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A competitor of yours did find that heat soak did kill off power under certain conditions (239 rwhp vs 271rwhp on the first pull) so yes you could say that I find your "baseline" pull as suspect. I don't doubt your final power numbers but I do think it is irresponsible to mislead people into thinking that they are going to gain 100hp over stock with your tune in its current state.
It's your business, do whatever you like.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/americanmuscle-2015-mustang-4280.html

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
A competitor of yours did find that heat soak did kill off power under certain conditions (239 rwhp vs 271rwhp on the first pull) so yes you could say that I find your "baseline" pull as suspect. I don't doubt your final power numbers but I do think it is irresponsible to mislead people into thinking that they are going to gain 100hp over stock with your tune in its current state.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/americanmuscle-2015-mustang-4280.html

Someone else having a happy dyno does not mean we are sandbagging. If you'd like I could show you the heatsoaked run. It didn't even break 180 on our dyno. The baseline we showed is the best average and repeatable run. Unlike many others, we compare before and after numbers with all things being equal. Coolant temp, act1, act2, and of course as similar weather conditions as possible.

I can give you a long list of cars that er have hundreds of baselines from that people say sound low. Our dynojet is one of the first dynojet dynos ever built, and it consistently breaks hearts day in and day out.

A recent example was a ford raptor we built, it made 542 RWHP std at our shop, and then when he got it home he took it to a local shop for a dyno day. Fully heat soaked from driving there it made 577 RWHP sae.

We've been around far too long and have way too much integrity that has been proven over the years to do something so childish as to cook the numbers.

If you're ever in Michigan, bring your car by. We'll dyno it for free just to show you how low our dyno reads so you can see we're being honest, as we always are.

Remember, were not some fly by night shop. We have an incredibly long pedigree in the OEM world, and are an OEM supplier.

Dan Millen

Reaction score

I hear you. I hate when people don't believe stuff we put out there. If anyone knows me I put my personal reputation on this. The car had less than 50 miles on it, maybe less I don't remember. We put it on the Dyno and made pulls. It definitely wasn't put on the Dyno with ice on the engine.

I do think that with some miles it will do better. Also this is on a Dynojet 248c so if you compare the Dyno to a Dynojet 224x the numbers will be lower. We have both dynos so when shops post high numbers the first thing I look at is what Dyno it was on. Also look at the overall gain ignore the difference in dyno baselines. I will tell you that the tuned power number was not cooled off an the best tuned dyno number was not posted.

The 224x will show and this is my opinion from seeing results over the years about 15hp more on a car with this power level. So with 93 oct fuel, more miles and a aggressive tune an there you have our numbers. You can argue with yourself that this is bs but it is what it is.

If your local or willing to spend some time come on down well do the test together. I don't care I like to be as accurate as possible. Heck if your not local I'd be willing to chip in for travel expenses. All I ask for is some of your time.

Dan Millen

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I hope you guys are right and that this thing does have that much potential to be woken up in the tuning alone.
I won't be taking you up on your offer as I'm way too far away but it is appreciated. I really hope the ecoboost mustang will be a hit but it isn't for me, I'll eventually replace my SVT focus with an ST or an RS if they ever make it to North America, that will be enough for me to get my 4 cylinder turbo fix. Hopefully what you guys learn with the mustang EB can be applied to the RS.

Good luck and I hope you guys prove my skepticism wrong.

Dan Millen

Reaction score
Well, I hope you guys are right and that this thing does have that much potential to be woken up in the tuning alone.
I won't be taking you up on your offer as I'm way too far away but it is appreciated. I really hope the ecoboost mustang will be a hit but it isn't for me, I'll eventually replace my SVT focus with an ST or an RS if they ever make it to North America, that will be enough for me to get my 4 cylinder turbo fix. Hopefully what you guys learn with the mustang EB can be applied to the RS.

Good luck and I hope you guys prove my skepticism wrong.

Thanks

I'm not saying the baseline won't go up with some miles or even with 93 octane. I felt it should be known that the baseline is what it is and we do a pretty good job being accurate.

Keep an eye on results to come. I been working on it all weekend and should have what I think is most power the stock turbo will make in the near future. I've already found where it falls off

Also on a focus ST we have a really good tune. We have had those figured out for some time. Although we don't seem to sell a ton but we have full control of boost which is half the battle on any Ecoboost.

D

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well, it's the item people wanted to know most about our car. What did it do at the track? Well, check it out for yourself! :rolling:

http://youtu.be/H2dkcQGQBXs

This was done with full weight, right off the road, on an open test and tune night, and, wait for it..... on 20" wheels and tires!

Not too shabby for a tune only! That's right, tune only!

So for those of you begging to know what our tune can do, we answered your plea :burnout:

chaoscentral

forum member
Reaction score
not just a tune though. definitely tires, and it looks like it sits lower, no wheel gap at all. No one cuts a 1.6 60 foot on street tires. So what else other than the tune separates that car from bone stock.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
not just a tune though. definitely tires, and it looks like it sits lower, no wheel gap at all. No one cuts a 1.6 60 foot on street tires. So what else other than the tune separates that car from bone stock.

We mentioned above it had a 20" wheel and tire. It can be seen with an 18" when stock, which is why we notated it had a tire. But not lowered a MM. Just different wheels and tires. It's amazing how much it changed the look though, that's for sure!

chaoscentral

forum member
Reaction score
We mentioned above it had a 20" wheel and tire. It can be seen with an 18" when stock, which is why we notated it had a tire. But not lowered a MM. Just different wheels and tires. It's amazing how much it changed the look though, that's for sure!

That is pretty incredible then. I can only imagine how it would perform with some suspension work and some bolt ons. 11s maybe?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back