took my car to the stealership today

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
i took my GT vert in for the front lower control arm squeak TSB as seen here:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1499231&postcount=207

i absolutely hate taking it anywhere for service. hopefully they take good care of it so as to not invoke my wrath lol. i'm expecting to pick it up this afternoon after they look at it because i anticipate that they'll have to order the control arms. then i'll have to take it back again when the parts come in.

the service dept was out of loaner cars, but the sales dept gave me a 2012 Lincoln MKZ to drive while my vert is in the shop. i guess buying two Mustangs there in the last 6 months was good for that at least.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
they called and said they were able to source some control arms locally. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that i get it back today :)

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What are these stock lower control arms you speak of? I haven't had stock control arms on the car in a while.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
What are these stock lower control arms you speak of? I haven't had stock control arms on the car in a while.

they're what i'm too cheap to spend $700+ on to replace because there are only a couple of aftermarket choices. PLUS i don't want the EPAS to freak out if/when i start screwing with the front suspension.

however, i have a sneaky suspicion that you skipped over the word "front" in my first post :)

on to my update:

they had it ready for me to pick up when i got off work yesterday evening. the service mgr gave my key to the sales mgr i've known for years and always work with there for purchases so that none of the lot monkeys would be able to get it. he also parked it on the end by a fence and nothing else. absolutely perfect Mustang parking spot. all i had to do when i got there was trade the loaner key for mine at the sales desk and i was done! it couldn't have been easier.

it was sooooooooooooo nice to get home and my car not sound like a beat up old farm truck when i went over the eleventy billion speed bumps in our apt complex. finally, i've experienced a good service dept visit. i always thought those stories i read on here about good service visits were urban legends lol.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
I am picking up a new 2013 Mustang GT tomorrow. It came off the delivery truck yesterday...and it was ordered on 7/31/12. Do you think my car will need this done?

JerryC

Reaction score
What dealer do you go to?
Landers in Collierville has always done me right. I've actually had a loaner for a week while they work on my old Bronco (waiting on parts). The loaner is much nicer than my Bronco :) it's a new, decked out Fusion.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
it was Dobbs Wolfchase. i'm taking the 13 by today so they can take pics of the driver's side sun visor to get authorization to replace. the cover won't close all the way, so when it's down the light stays on.

the last time i used Landers, the car (my old 2010 coupe) came out worse than it went in. they just didn't seem to care. the power steering pump was leaking and had fluid all over the back of it, and they said they wouldn't replace it until fluid was pouring out of it.

JerryC

Reaction score
That sucks about Landers, never had that happen.

Hard to believe they need pics to replace your visor. Seems like apretty small ticket item to need ford to authorize.

KoolerSL2

Serve and Protect
Reaction score
ive heard landers horror stories before. dobbs from what guys i know there always try to take care of customers.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
That sucks about Landers, never had that happen.

Hard to believe they need pics to replace your visor. Seems like apretty small ticket item to need ford to authorize.

my guess is that they've gotten burned on trim parts before and had to eat the cost, so they get everything pre-authorized. the service mgr said it should only take a few hours to get it authorized and the part ordered. doesn't bother me either way since 1. i didn't have to leave the car and 2. they will have parts on hand when i go in to get it replaced.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
^ Only way I'll take one in for service if I can help it. They need the parts on hand before I drop the car off. I hate having the car just sitting there in their lot when it could just as easily be at home in the garage.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back