2015 Mustang S550 Performance Pack Review And Thoughts

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
2 pc rotors would also drop some weight of the car.

Yeah, those 15" brakes are MASSIVE! The calipers are really way too big. They look like they were taken off a dump truck. The pads extend way down "below" the pistons too. I would like to see a narrow band two piece rotor with "shorter" pads. It would reduce the swept area but I highly doubt that would entail a performance problem. All sorts of "race brakes" have way less swept area than the OEM 15" jobbies.

I wouldn't be surprised if two piece rotors with aluminum hats dropped 5-6lb/ corner.

vbluep51

forum member
Reaction score
I believe the regular Brembo caliper on mustang is just their E type caliper (E for economy). Brembo 6 piston GT(Gran Turismo) brake kits are completely different than whats on the mustang PP. If you really want to spend money upgrade to Brembo GT-R kits.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I believe the regular Brembo caliper on mustang is just their E type caliper (E for economy). Brembo 6 piston GT(Gran Turismo) brake kits are completely different than whats on the mustang PP. If you really want to spend money upgrade to Brembo GT-R kits.

They don't put $4500 brakes on the PP cars? What a rip off!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
lol

You mean, they don't put those brakes on the PP.....that also includes all sorts of upgrades, for the little fee of $2495?

Honestly....$2495 for the PP is a steal, IMO.

Unless of course, you want more of each item that is upgraded with the PP.

I think a PP car with just some stiffer springs, and some 18x10's on all 4 - with good rubber, could tickle just about anyone's fancy.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
lol

You mean, they don't put those brakes on the PP.....that also includes all sorts of upgrades, for the little fee of $2495?

Honestly....$2495 for the PP is a steal, IMO.

Unless of course, you want more of each item that is upgraded with the PP.

I think a PP car with just some stiffer springs, and some 18x10's on all 4 - with good rubber, could tickle just about anyone's fancy.
I think the PP is a steal too. It's worth it just for the brakes and Torsen.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
BOOM!

IMG_2548_zpse6ec46da.jpg

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
IDK what that duct can flow for cfm (I can do the rough math at some point) but I'll bet it will support 600 without much trouble.

I know the F-150 EcoBoost stock airbox works up to 700hp. All sorts of tuners have tested the aftermarket stuff out there and NOTHING has done better than the stock stuff. That's impressive.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Not to thread jack but the CAI's for the F150 EB's don't do anything-the AFE set ups?

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/51-12192-2012-2013-F150-35L-EcoBoost-AFE-Cold-Air-Intake-Dry.html

I wanted one bad. My tuner tested everything. Nothing made more power than the stock airbox. I think Full race made 650 or 700hp or something through the stock airbox. Couldn't find anything better. Full Race says just put a what is it AEI air filter in. That's what I got.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I did before and after dyno testing on the air aid cai for my f150 ecoboost and it picked up whopping 6 rwhp and 9 torque. Same dyno, same day, air temps and all.
Was the tune optimized for each test?

Was the hood open or closed?

Was the truck completely heat soaked?

I just have a hard time believing that they work when two really good tuners say they don't. What would their motivation be for leading people astray? Really it would be easier for them to say "buy this". People will buy anything. Hell, they WANT to buy things.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Was the tune optimized for each test?

Was the hood open or closed?

Was the truck completely heat soaked?

I just have a hard time believing that they work when two really good tuners say they don't. What would their motivation be for leading people astray? Really it would be easier for them to say "buy this". People will buy anything. Hell, they WANT to buy things.

Yep, tune was adjusted for the intake and closed hood both times, wasn't heat soaked either times. But I think you misunderstand me on what I meant by posting up the numbers as they were quite a bit less the what the manufacturer claims were for it but I had seen enough dyno pulls from folks with intakes on the EB specific that I kinda expected that. Hell, gains that small you can have variance from in a good number of factors just like you mentioned. The stock box flows really well on the 3.5. I mostly did it cause I got a killer deal and an aftermarket cai on those does let you hear the turbos a bit better too, not much but some.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Yep, tune was adjusted for the intake and closed hood both times, wasn't heat soaked either times. But I think you misunderstand me on what I meant by posting up the numbers as they were quite a bit less the what the manufacturer claims were for it but I had seen enough dyno pulls from folks with intakes on the EB specific that I kinda expected that. Hell, gains that small you can have variance from in a good number of factors just like you mentioned. The stock box flows really well on the 3.5. I mostly did it cause I got a killer deal and an aftermarket cai on those does let you hear the turbos a bit better too, not much but some.

I'm curious more than anything. It sounds like a pretty good test.

I see people doing that stuff with the hood open all the time, drives me fucking nuts.

I agree that those numbers are within the potential variance from run to run.

I would probably run one of those cool looking CAI's if I got it for free/ a great deal.:beerdrink:

I would like to hear the turbo's more.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

If you don't mind me asking where did you find the good deal on it and was it similar to the one I linked?

Did you find any different throttle response?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back