Took my car to the track for the first time and...

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You can practice the moves at stop lights (without the 6K rpm launches or triple digit speeds). That way you can get used to moving your hand from the brake to the shifter at the proper time without screwing up.

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
I borrowed someone's MTs on 17s once and I actually ran slower. They hooked just about as well as my NT05s did at regular pressure. I always had my best runs right when I got to the track when the pavement was still hot from the sun

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah those 4.56s really need sticky tire. I would get a separate set of 15 inch wheels for drag. You won't even need 315s. For your power level you should not need more than 275. People have done like 1.2 60's on 275 DRs.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
#1 problem, street tires on a drag strip.
Get back in there with some muhfuckin strip tires please.
Oh yes, and hot lapping won't produce anything special either lol
I'll run very hiigh 12's hot lapping on a day I was running 12.0's, learned my lesson.

Last edited:

SKIDONKEY

Reaction score
Was this at New England Dragway? Think I saw you run a couple times.

I was up there on Friday the 18th and saw a ton of Mustangs going 13's and 14's. Definitley get some D/R's and practice. My old 3v at NED even on street tires went 13.3 with just o/r H, catback, 4.10s and tune. Track prep and air was really good this past Friday. I went 12.4 with my tune only coyote.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Was this at New England Dragway? Think I saw you run a couple times.

I was up there on Friday the 18th and saw a ton of Mustangs going 13's and 14's. Definitley get some D/R's and practice. My old 3v at NED even on street tires went 13.3 with just o/r H, catback, 4.10s and tune. Track prep and air was really good this past Friday. I went 12.4 with my tune only coyote.

Yupp! I was there! If you saw me, you know I need some practice! LOL. It was fun though!

If you're from the area, 495 on the way up was a mess. We left at 3:15 and rolled in around 6:30, got through tech inspection and jumped in line at 7:00.

Oh, and a good sized group from Mustangs of Mass was there. Foxbodies, SN95s, S197s and a couple S550s. Someone ran their Ecoboost Explorer too! LOL

Last edited:

SKIDONKEY

Reaction score
Yeah every direction up there was terrible. I'm from Taunton and usually take 495 up there but heard from a buddy who left earlier it was dead stop.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
I won't be back to the track without drag tires. Lessons learned.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I won't be back to the track without drag tires. Lessons learned.

LOL No kidding. They apparently make a world of difference at the track.

The NT555's feel great on the street, especially with the fall weather hitting New England. I've run Mickey T Street Radial II's before which were great around town in the summer, but awful when it got cold or wet out. The NT555's at least feel safe in most weather spring through fall.

Some ET Street R's on 17's would be ideal I think.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back