Torque specs on putting my engine together..

blue streak

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but I only have my cell phone and the search button is being weird.

Anyways, I'm needing the torque specs to put my engine together. I need the specs for the head bolts, main studs, main bolts, side bolts, arp rods bolts, cam caps, and the oil pump bolts. Everything is oe tty bolts except the rods bolts.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Have not gone thru it again with this answer... but IIRC, I think all or most those specs in that build were for the ARP hardware and specific to the ARP lube... The OEM TTY will be much different. There are lots of VALUABLE pages on that thread and maybe some of the TTY specs are listed... dunno

Corpo

I
Reaction score
You need to measure the under head legnth of your arp rod bolts. I assume they are arp 2000? Then a good bet is to call arp support and ask them.

If you need it asap give me a few minutes

Last edited by a moderator:

blue streak

forum member
Reaction score
I checked on ARP's website and it said 42ft lbs, so that's what they went too. Engine is in the car a running now. Definitely having second thoughts........ Time to make some phone calls lol

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I checked on ARP's website and it said 42ft lbs, so that's what they went too. Engine is in the car a running now. Definitely having second thoughts........ Time to make some phone calls lol

If you used arp lube then arp torque specs are good. Manley calls out torque using 30 weight oil as a lubricant which requires more torque to obtain the desired clamping force.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back