torx 50 plus in san antonio area

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
Im looking to buy or pay to borrow a torx 50 plus socket to use on Thursday. If someone has a lead on where to get this item by thursday it would be much appreciated thanks!

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Im looking to buy or pay to borrow a torx 50 plus socket to use on Thursday. If someone has a lead on where to get this item by thursday it would be much appreciated thanks!

If you are doing a UCA and are looking for the "special" torx bit to do it, I used a regular T-50 several times with no issue.

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
Its the damn oversized t50 that ford used on the recall. Everyone says a regular t50 will strip them out.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
I just used the regular snap on t50 on mine on Saturday. Was very right coming out but had no issues, didn't use an impact, not sure if that protected me from potential stripping of the fastener head or not

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I just used the regular snap on t50 on mine on Saturday. Was very right coming out but had no issues, didn't use an impact, not sure if that protected me from potential stripping of the fastener head or not

I've done it with and without an impact, same car, same bolts, at least 3 times. So those bolts have been hammered out 3 times and in 3 times with a normal T-50, no stripping here. The last time I did it was 3 weeks ago.

RedRide

forum member
Reaction score
Regular T-50 works fine, I drove myself crazy looking for the special one ( with no luck ) until I actually got under there and gave the regular T-50 a try. Works no problem, never had to use an impact on it, was never that tight.

oh5gt

Reaction score
I used regular T50 here too, just two nights ago. No problem. I dont think the service techs that replace the bolts puts them in super tight anyway, so it should loosen without much effort.

Back