tow hook

5.0_SD

forum member
Reaction score
With Ch4r1ie giving us the part numbers, I did a little searching and came up with this...
http://www.capaldiracing.com/isell3/results.php?keyword=&page=3&category=Mustang%20Challenge%20FR500S&action=showproducts
Best prices I could find in a 15 minute search...don't know if the site is legit or whether they're in stock or not...thought I'd pass it along since I will be looking for something like this in the future.
I know for the rear it says CS but it's the same part number as provided by Ch4r1ie.

Reno Stack

Reaction score
Yeah I placed a couple orders for the bumper and the dealers would always call and say they were refurbished, backordered or were never going to be able to get them. I didn't try Rehagen though

Reno Stack

Reaction score
Oh no this was months ago, and not at the place you mentioned above, sorry. Just wanted to say that alot of places said they had them and did not.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Just as a heads-up, Capaldi is not only legit, they are stand-up people, and most importantly, RACERS. Used to run Mustang Challenge, now in both Grand Am, and running American Iron in the Great Lakes region. I have purchased MANY times from them, and the only time I had an issue (misunderstanding on a quantity), it was rectified immediately, on a phone call, with no drama. I have also met them at the track, and their cars are gorgeous, almost as nice as Poe's... ;-)

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
I'm in the process of making the factory brackets from the fr500c cars "front and rear" price should be $200 for brackets and hooks. should be ready next month.

Nice :thumb2:

Just as a heads-up, Capaldi is not only legit, they are stand-up people, and most importantly, RACERS. Used to run Mustang Challenge, now in both Grand Am, and running American Iron in the Great Lakes region. I have purchased MANY times from them, and the only time I had an issue (misunderstanding on a quantity), it was rectified immediately, on a phone call, with no drama. I have also met them at the track, and their cars are gorgeous, almost as nice as Poe's... ;-)

+1 I've never heard a bad word spoken about the guys at Capaldi

5.0_SD

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave and Ch4r1ie...that's good to know about Capaldi...nice prices on the hooks and beams too :beer:

Red06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'll second Dave's recommendation for Capaldi Racing. I've been to their shop and purchased parts from them. They're a stand up organization. :thumb:

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
I'll second Dave's recommendation for Capaldi Racing. I've been to their shop and purchased parts from them. They're a stand up organization. :thumb:

You mean 3rd. I seconded it :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Did some messing around during my break from class. I cut it all by eye and wasn't really measuring so don't expect a mona Lisa

IMAG0355.jpg

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
^not bad but def start "finishing" the edges and you will have a solid piece.

what gauge steel is that? 3/16?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
1/4" flat stock. That was just killing time. I'll make another, but use a hole saw for the center and actually mark out a proper circle for the outside. I've got all sorts of grinding and polishing wheels for school, so ill be able to pretty it up nicely. I also have to get the car up in the air to see what my mounting options are with the pj bumper

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
anyone thought about what they use on the spec mini/miata/bimmers in scca? they use a tow strap that is bolted to the basic subframe and hang it in front of the car?

example:
http://www.racequip.com/towhookloopstrap.html

it can handle up to 3500lbs...

Last edited:

jayel579

forum member
Reaction score
anyone thought about what they use on the spec mini/miata/bimmers in scca? they use a tow strap that is bolted to the basic subframe and hang it in front of the car?

example:
http://www.racequip.com/towhookloopstrap.html

it can handle up to 3500lbs...

My brother has this on his E30, granted he is hoping never use it after he blew the motor and the tow truck pulled the lower front bumper off the car because that is where they decided to "hook it up". But he does use it to pull the car onto a trailer, it works. Just have to wrap is around something solid behind the bumper.

FordFan

Reaction score
I make and sell the FORDFAN tow hook kits for the S197's- includes my custom bolt on mounting bracket, hardware, FRPP hook and detailed instructions. No cutting or modifying the facia, direct fit for most applications. Installation takes about 90mins, over 80 satisfied customers. In stock ready to ship.
edit- $180 includes shipping to lower 48 states / paypal only

Email [email protected]

GT500_2.jpg

SGTO.jpg

P5151446.jpg

P5161488.jpg

P5151453.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back