tow hook

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
5105543277_221e8d508b_o.jpg

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I have the bolt on one from Ford Fan. I've winched it up in the trailer several time with it and it worked fine. I do plan on welding it though.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
Fordfan do you have an idea or an available rear mount? im looking to do both front and rear...

Robertt305

forum member
Reaction score
I have the ford man front mount.... You def need to fab a rear kit...

neema

forum member
Reaction score
Fordfan, have you seen anyone mount this to a 2010+ GT front bumper? I guess I should say 2010-2012 bumper as they've changed again for 2013. I've only seen this on 05-09s

I'm willing to pay for something that is sturdy but doesn't need a cut in the front bumper.

Does anyone make a rear solution that comes through where the license plate is? I like the idea that, if I cut a hole in the rear bumper, it would be covered by the license plate when not in use.

FordFan

Reaction score
Fordfan, have you seen anyone mount this to a 2010+ GT front bumper? I guess I should say 2010-2012 bumper as they've changed again for 2013. I've only seen this on 05-09s

I'm willing to pay for something that is sturdy but doesn't need a cut in the front bumper.

Does anyone make a rear solution that comes through where the license plate is? I like the idea that, if I cut a hole in the rear bumper, it would be covered by the license plate when not in use.

I've already sold a few to 10+ owners but have never recieved any photo's back or feedback so I can only asume they made them work. Also some Boss guys are running my bracket, no sure how the install went. They have been a real hit on the GT500's

No bumper cover cutting necessary- GT500
733abfe2.jpg

Shelby GT or California Special bumper cover
P5151446.jpg

Bracket assy, mounting hardware, FRPP loop and instructions, make up the FordFan Tow Hook Kit-
P4241385.jpg

Last edited:

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Do you have a thread with all the mods that you've done to your car?

Unfortunately not mate, but a build thread will be coming soon as things are about to step up a gear or two... watch this space! ;)

In the meantime, don't hesitate to drop me a PM if you have any questions. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
^as long as you install backing plates that might be a great solution. on the front it looks like you could bolt it directly behind the bumper beam also.

MustASH

forum member
Reaction score
Thread revival ! Is there any new maker/vendor/models for '05 S197 tow hook ?

I must install one on my track car.

MustASH

forum member
Reaction score
This is the one I've been using:

https://www.blowfishracing.com/towi...gt500forced-induction-front-tow-hook-kit.html

next-gen-2005-2014-mustang-gt500forced-induction-front-tow-hook-kit.jpg

Working well so far. Didn't have to cut my front bumper cover for it either. I suppose it just depends on what you are looking for.

Here's some additional pictures of it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=blo...hXC8x4KHWy3DkcQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=fgImPxmj-v-6YM:

Thanks ! I'll have a look on this.

Maybe I'll build one by myself to, then post results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I have a set of front and rear Cooltech tow hooks that I have yet to install on the car. I'm actually thinking about trading the car, so I'd be willing to part with these.

I do not have any pics handy, but it's pretty much a "like new" kit like this one here:

http://www.cooltechllc.com/ford-bos...or_options-red/please_specify_model_year-2013

PM me if you might be interested and we'll see if we can work something out.

El_Tortuga

forum member
Reaction score
I have a set of front and rear Cooltech tow hooks that I have yet to install on the car. I'm actually thinking about trading the car, so I'd be willing to part with these.

I do not have any pics handy, but it's pretty much a "like new" kit like this one here:

http://www.cooltechllc.com/ford-bos...or_options-red/please_specify_model_year-2013

PM me if you might be interested and we'll see if we can work something out.
Fabbed a version of the cooltech bracket and installed it on my car. Looks great, and the plug pretty well disappears when the hook is off. Haven't had to use it in anger, but it puts the tow ring where the strength of the car is stout not out in the middle of the Bumper Beam.

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
Fabbed a version of the cooltech bracket and installed it on my car. Looks great, and the plug pretty well disappears when the hook is off. Haven't had to use it in anger, but it puts the tow ring where the strength of the car is stout not out in the middle of the Bumper Beam.

Any Pics of the setup?

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score

Any Pics of the setup?

Pics would be great, I like the Cool Tech rear tow hook but have never liked it off to the side

May just get the FRPP one from Tasca and weld it on behind the license plate

A

Last edited:

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
I went with these as they are very discreet.

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=0_141_142_284&products_id=766

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back