TPS Slotted, Dimpled, or Cross Drilled Brake Rotors-from $259.99 FREE SHIPPING!

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
TPS Motorsports Brake Rotors
-Available in Slotted, Slotted/ Dimpled, & Slotted/ Cross Drilled
-Each rotor is made by Centric (Makers of Stoptech & Powerslot)
-Very High Quality Castings... these are NOT eBay Rotors.
-Black, Gold, or Silver Zinc Coated

2005-2010 Mustang GT-$259.99
2005-2010 Mustang V6-$259.99
2007-2012 Mustang GT500-$299.99
2011-2012 Mustang GT w/ Brembo-$299.99
2011-2012 Mustang GT-$299.99
2011-2012 Mustang V6-$259.99

PRICE INCLUDES 4 ROTORS!
FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED!

Click here to place an order!
http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=TPS+Mustang+rotor&x=0&y=0

TPS Motorsports from day one has always been about bringing the best value and service to our customers as possible. We are now proud to roll out our line of slotted and slotted/dimpled rotors. These rotors are made by Centric, which is the parent company of Stoptech and are a very high quality rotor. Our rotors are FAR superior than lower priced “eBay” rotors. We have tested our rotors on customers street and open track vehicles.

Which Rotor is right for me?
One question which is always asked of me is which type of brake rotor is better.. slotted or cross drilled? Before answering this question we need to ask.. what type of driving do you do? If it is mostly a street car, then cross drilled rotors will be fine. Cross Drilled rotors main benefit is they look great and do offer some heat dissipation and a wiping effect of the pads when wet. The main disadvantages for cross-drilled rotors is they have a history of playing connect the dots.. cracking. If you are very hard on your brakes or take your car to the track I would suggest slotted rotors. Slotted Rotors on the other hand offer great heat dissipation. Better braking than cross-drilled because of increase braking surface over a cross drilled unit. Generally a solid rotor is 100% material touching the pad, slotted is about 92% and drilled is 85%. More braking surface means better braking power. SLOTTED ROTORS IS WHAT WE RECOMMEND FOR MOST CARS ESPECIALLY FOR OPEN TRACKING AND AUTO-X

Why do you have Slotted/ Dimpled Rotors?
The main reason we offer Slotted/dimpled rotors is because they offer the desired look of cross drilled rotors for many customers without having the issues of cracking. This is a “compromise” option to have for those who like the cross drilled look without having to go with cross drilled rotors.

Why don’t you recommend Cross Drilled Rotors?
Because they tend to crack over time when subject to heavy use. Most companies including Baer, Stoptech, AP Racing DO NOT recommend CROSS DRILLED ROTORS for track use. We offer it as an option BUT ONLY recommend it to customers who’s cars do not see much track duty. They also offer less braking surface than slotted rotors which means less braking power.

Why are your rotors black?
The black coating is a special zinc coating to prevent the rotors from rusting. The black where the brake pad meets the rotor will be gone after driving about 50 miles while the rest of the rotor remains protected with zinc.
zedslottedrotors.jpg

crossdrill_2_4.jpg

Here is the picture of the rotor AFTER about 10 miles of braking. The Black zinc coating will wear out on the surface where the pads meet.

afterbraking.jpg

Last edited:

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
TPS Motorsports Brake Rotors
-Available in Slotted, Slotted/ Dimpled, & Slotted/ Cross Drilled
-Each rotor is made by Centric (Makers of Stoptech & Powerslot)
-Very High Quality Castings... these are NOT eBay Rotors.
-Black, Gold, or Silver Zinc Coated

2005-2010 Mustang GT-$259.99
2005-2010 Mustang V6-$259.99
2007-2012 Mustang GT500-$299.99
2011-2012 Mustang GT w/ Brembo-$299.99
2011-2012 Mustang GT-$299.99
2011-2012 Mustang V6-$259.99

PRICE INCLUDES 4 ROTORS!
FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED!

Click here to place an order!
http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=TPS+Mustang+rotor&x=0&y=0

TPS Motorsports from day one has always been about bringing the best value and service to our customers as possible. We are now proud to roll out our line of slotted and slotted/dimpled rotors. These rotors are made by Centric, which is the parent company of Stoptech and are a very high quality rotor. Our rotors are FAR superior than lower priced “eBay” rotors. We have tested our rotors on customers street and open track vehicles.

Which Rotor is right for me?
One question which is always asked of me is which type of brake rotor is better.. slotted or cross drilled? Before answering this question we need to ask.. what type of driving do you do? If it is mostly a street car, then cross drilled rotors will be fine. Cross Drilled rotors main benefit is they look great and do offer some heat dissipation and a wiping effect of the pads when wet. The main disadvantages for cross-drilled rotors is they have a history of playing connect the dots.. cracking. If you are very hard on your brakes or take your car to the track I would suggest slotted rotors. Slotted Rotors on the other hand offer great heat dissipation. Better braking than cross-drilled because of increase braking surface over a cross drilled unit. Generally a solid rotor is 100% material touching the pad, slotted is about 92% and drilled is 85%. More braking surface means better braking power. SLOTTED ROTORS IS WHAT WE RECOMMEND FOR MOST CARS ESPECIALLY FOR OPEN TRACKING AND AUTO-X

Why do you have Slotted/ Dimpled Rotors?
The main reason we offer Slotted/dimpled rotors is because they offer the desired look of cross drilled rotors for many customers without having the issues of cracking. This is a “compromise” option to have for those who like the cross drilled look without having to go with cross drilled rotors.

Why don’t you recommend Cross Drilled Rotors?
Because they tend to crack over time when subject to heavy use. Most companies including Baer, Stoptech, AP Racing DO NOT recommend CROSS DRILLED ROTORS for track use. We offer it as an option BUT ONLY recommend it to customers who’s cars do not see much track duty. They also offer less braking surface than slotted rotors which means less braking power.

Why are your rotors black?
The black coating is a special zinc coating to prevent the rotors from rusting. The black where the brake pad meets the rotor will be gone after driving about 50 miles while the rest of the rotor remains protected with zinc.
zedslottedrotors.jpg

IMG_5222.jpg

Here is the picture of the rotor AFTER about 10 miles of braking. The Black zinc coating will wear out on the surface where the pads meet.

afterbraking.jpg

Last edited:

MJJ

forum member
Reaction score
How much does 1 front rotor weigh? 1 rear? for the GT500? Street use application.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
what kind of warranty do you offer on these?

edit: n/m say 90 days on your website after going back and taking a 2nd look. Good price, but I'd want more warranty! GLWS!

Last edited:

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
How much does 1 front rotor weigh? 1 rear? for the GT500? Street use application.

They weigh the same as stock. They're not any lighter because they're very thick AND they're 1 piece design.

what kind of warranty do you offer on these?

We warranty them to not be warped and are free of manufacturer defects. We've sold over 400 sets of rotors in the last year with many of our customers road racing or auto-xing with them. Several of our customers also have ran the Texas mile and Silver State Challenge with our rotors.

I've seen resellers offer lifetime warranties against warping and cracking which is ridiculous because rotors are a consumable just like a clutch. I've been told by MANY customers who say that once they told the reseller they raced with their car they voided the warranty.

Our warranties are pretty much just like Brembo, Baer, and Stoptech which means we warranty for manufacturer defects within a reasonable amount of time. We haven't had one claim yet :)

We don't have a specific time OR a lifetime warranty BUT we stand behind our products 100%

MJJ

forum member
Reaction score
They weigh the same as stock. They're not any lighter because they're very thick AND they're 1 piece design.

We warranty them to not be warped and are free of manufacturer defects. We've sold over 400 sets of rotors in the last year with many of our customers road racing or auto-xing with them. Several of our customers also have ran the Texas mile and Silver State Challenge with our rotors.

I've seen resellers offer lifetime warranties against warping and cracking which is ridiculous because rotors are a consumable just like a clutch. I've been told by MANY customers who say that once they told the reseller they raced with their car they voided the warranty.

Our warranties are pretty much just like Brembo, Baer, and Stoptech which means we warranty for manufacturer defects within a reasonable amount of time. We haven't had one claim yet :)

We don't have a specific time OR a lifetime warranty BUT we stand behind our products 100%

Good luck but not for me. I am looking for performance and weight savings. I assumed these were not that light based on the price point.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice looking parts at a great price. I paid a lot more for my EBC dimpled and slotted rotors and they look exactly the same.

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck but not for me. I am looking for performance and weight savings. I assumed these were not that light based on the price point.

The "ONLY" way your going to get weight savings and still have a solid durable rotor is to go 2 piece which will be at least $1000 for a set of fronts and you will save about 10lbs totals.

There's no problem with the performance of our rotors... they're better than the factory Brembos

Very nice looking parts at a great price. I paid a lot more for my EBC dimpled and slotted rotors and they look exactly the same.

Thanks... we've sold several sets already :)

MJJ

forum member
Reaction score
The "ONLY" way your going to get weight savings and still have a solid durable rotor is to go 2 piece which will be at least $1000 for a set of fronts and you will save about 10lbs totals.

There's no problem with the performance of our rotors... they're better than the factory Brembos

Thanks... we've sold several sets already :)

I was not implying that your product lacked performance. Just that it did not offer any weight savings. I am aware of the others and their price points.

Last edited:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score

Okay, that makes me feel better. I just wanted to be sure that if bought these and got a big crack in a few weeks I wasn't going to be hung out to dry. Its good to hear these have also been put through some good testing in high stress situations. . I appreciate the reply! Great pricing as well. I am considering this as I need brakes in a bad way.

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
Ah my apologies for my impatience. :) But really thank you for looking into it for us!!

Alright... we have them available.

2011-2012 Mustang GT Rotor Sets-$299 Free Shipping
-Front & Rear Rotors
-Slotted, Slotted/ Dimpled, Cross Drilled/ Slotted Available
-Zinc Coated to prevent rusting
-Zinc colors available-Black, Gold, Silver

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do they make a replacement for the stock Alcons for an 03 Roush classic? Not sure on size I will have to dig the old ones up, unless you know the size by chance.

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
Do they make a replacement for the stock Alcons for an 03 Roush classic? Not sure on size I will have to dig the old ones up, unless you know the size by chance.

I'm pretty sure they are 13" rotors but we don't have replacement rotors for Alcons

Back