track toy build has started

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My new rental car build has started, Thought I'd share the pics of the build. this car will be built to compete in the nasa american iron racing series as a rental arrive and drive car.

the donor .... "ouch" not me ,I bought it from a salvage auction Like this . I have found this the best way to source parts for a build

381761400.jpg

next, a call to the boys at ford racing and a 500 mile round trip adventure and we arrive back home with our Ford racing " Biw's " I have a spare BIW if somebody wants a car built :thumb2: these cars have no sound deadner or seam sealer in them. very nice.

381761704.jpg

381761296.jpg

next a very nice NASA legal AI tig welded cage was installed with nascar door bars and the car was sent for paint. Notice the gt500 hood ? :thumb2: this rental will sport a full gt500 body kit. should be a cool looking car .
381761298.jpg

more to come on this build soon. I have another one in the garage being finished.

Last edited:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Okay, you've got me drooling...

What do you figure cost on a build to be, roughly, based around the caged body with stock GT drivetrain, no aero and OE dampers? In otherwords, a turn-key runner with a basic paint job?

I know there are a million options (AiM dash or stock? Side exhaust or rear? and on, and on, and on...), but I'm looking to get a feeling of what you think it would cost just to put one together that will run under it's own power.

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What do you figure cost on a build to be, roughly, based around the caged body with stock GT drivetrain, no aero and OE dampers? In otherwords, a turn-key runner with a basic paint job?

Dave,

A 05/09 biw is very limited now days. but I can build you A basic 05/09 legal car ." basically a camaromustangchallenge car" can be built for around the 16k range ready to race in basic form. This would be a stock drivetrain , basic aftermarket dampers, basic sparco seat and belt and the car modified to fit in the rules to be legal to hit the track.

Moving to AI is a sky is the limit budget. I can build a basic AI car for around the 20k range that can be a front running car with the right driver.

ford is gearing up on 2010's so they are pretty much done with 05/09 and they have about a 3k price difference right now so that can affect the bottom dollar as well.

Last edited:

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my ai car is 2,768 by itself .... With me, fluids , a cool suit system filled with water and Ice and a couple gallons of gas I'm at 3,012.

This car you see will probably come in around 3,200 no driver as I don't plan to gut it as much as my racer.

Reaction score

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
My new rental car build has started, Thought I'd share the pics of the build. this car will be built to compete in the nasa american iron racing series as a rental arrive and drive car.

the donor .... "ouch" not me ,I bought it from a salvage auction Like this . I have found this the best way to source parts for a build

381761400.jpg

Ohhhh, that's must be the poor guy I heard about who had an accident on the way to Solo Nationals last September. The Hoosier and TireRack sticker give it away. Heard it was a pretty big accident.

johnQ

forum member
Reaction score
Too much fun! I'll be very interested in watching your progress on this build!

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
3 WIDE, XX ROWS DEEP. oh man, you're killing me. That's so bad ass.

I have a notion my car is going to end up being gutted and caged considering how bruised my body work is.. She's definitely not going to win any awards for standing still.

BTW, is your donor a bullitt?

lol i was thinking the same thing but i cant afford to drive my s197 in a thing like that i cant afford to crash it i need a build track car lol 16k you say

it looks like it would be way cheaper to get a comp lissence with NASA than it is with the SCCA

Last edited:

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
in for updates...

Any idea on what you're planning to charge per-day for rental opportunity?

Stangmeister9

The Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is freakin awesome! U r getting to do something that I am sure all of us in the "corner carvers" section wish they could do. So for now I live through this thread vicariously. GOOD LUCK & Please include pics throughout!

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Dave,

A 05/09 biw is very limited now days. but I can build you A basic 05/09 legal car ." basically a camaromustangchallenge car" can be built for around the 16k range ready to race in basic form. This would be a stock drivetrain , basic aftermarket dampers, basic sparco seat and belt and the car modified to fit in the rules to be legal to hit the track.

Ohhhh..........

my ai car is 2,768 by itself .... With me, fluids , a cool suit system filled with water and Ice and a couple gallons of gas I'm at 3,012.

Oh, now why did you have to go and do that???? This is tempting, Steve... I already have the full suspension that I'd want under it, and the seat and harness. Now, do I put my '06 back to stock and sell it, or...

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Subscribing - always look forward to reading your threads! Great information. Good luck with the new build.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back