Traction Controll Disable

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
OK guys I have a question. How do you PERMANITLY disable the traction control on the 05-09 GT. :angry1:

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
Thats what I needed to know! I was wondering due to I put the ECU in the FR last night and was wondering cause my 05 when it kicks in the whole damn car shakes like hell. No i dont have a tune in the 05 or suspension yet I am spending all my cash on the FR for now.

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
I am spending all my cash on the FR for now.

Yeah I been thinking real hard about a FR/BRZ. Wish I had one. I tell myself I would only change dampers and springs...maybe rims ....CAI and tune....turbo....ah screw it. Better just stick with what i got for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powered by Ford

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I been thinking real hard about a FR/BRZ. Wish I had one. I tell myself I would only change dampers and springs...maybe rims ....CAI and tune....turbo....ah screw it. Better just stick with what i got for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP is talking about a FR as a FR500 not the Toyota/Subbie car lol

But to re-confirm the OPs question you can turn off TC in the tune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I wish you could turn it off in the tune, but still turn it on when needed. When it's disabled in the tune... it's disabled.

Too bad it can't be set to "off by default".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
It can be set to off by default if you do what is said in JesseW's link. I did that mod, took a couple hours. Everytime I start the car it starts in the off position. If it starts to rain or gets slick, hit the button and turns back on. Works great.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
It can be set to off by default if you do what is said in JesseW's link. I did that mod, took a couple hours. Everytime I start the car it starts in the off position. If it starts to rain or gets slick, hit the button and turns back on. Works great.
I didn't even realize. Thanks for pointing it out. I assumed the link was just pointing to a thread where someone has already asked how (with the normal "have your tuner" do it).

Definitely my next mod!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I wish you could turn it off in the tune, but still turn it on when needed. When it's disabled in the tune... it's disabled.

Too bad it can't be set to "off by default".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yep, I've turned it back on for the time being. Have you ever thought about trying different values? Stock is 46, off is 0. I tried 23 once just to see what would happen but it tripped the fault light just like when it's turned off in the tune which meant the switch was disabled and I couldn't turn it off.

I've also thought about progressively setting limits on the tb. Something like a 50 degree blade limit at 1500 rpm, 65 at 2000 rpm, etc. To help control launch. Just have to wait for the weather to cooperate.

I'm going to have to look into it again. I'd like to be able to turn it on if needed.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Yep, I've turned it back on for the time being. Have you ever thought about trying different values? Stock is 46, off is 0. I tried 23 once just to see what would happen but it tripped the fault light just like when it's turned off in the tune which meant the switch was disabled and I couldn't turn it off.

I've also thought about progressively setting limits on the tb. Something like a 50 degree blade limit at 1500 rpm, 65 at 2000 rpm, etc. To help control launch. Just have to wait for the weather to cooperate.
I haven't messed with it in the tune, other to disable it using SCT PRP. At any rate, I didn't like it disabled all the time, because it has definitely helped in the snow/rain. I'll definitely be doing the relay trick.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Don't like the amber tire tracks showing up in the dash constantly so I don't keep it off in the tune.

Been meaning to do the mod for a while now even was gifted one of those kits on ebay. Been lazy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i just did this mod for the second time. i installed the relay a long time ago and had it working, and then got a tune that turned it off. i didn't realize that it couldn't be turned back on and that the traction control light stayed on in the cluster, so i hated it. went back in about two weeks ago and reinstalled the relay to default the switch to the off position when starting. the diy in the link works well.

here's the diagram from the link. this is mainly what i used
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=38648&d=1355971320

oh, and a big thanks to the original poster that put this together for us!

Last edited:

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so let me get this streight... If you go with the disable in the tune you cant turn it on or off and the light is on all the time. If you do the relay deal when you start the car the TC will be off but the light will be off. When you hit the button to turn it on how do you know its on? Do you have to shut the car off then restart to shut it off?

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Ok so let me get this streight... If you go with the disable in the tune you cant turn it on or off and the light is on all the time. If you do the relay deal when you start the car the TC will be off but the light will be off. When you hit the button to turn it on how do you know its on? Do you have to shut the car off then restart to shut it off?

Yes on the tune. And with the relay, it works like there's nothing modified really. The tcs button lights up when it's off and doesbt light up when it's on. Just like f you were pushin the button.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back