Tranny problems

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
Ok forgive me for the noob questions but I dont know much about working on cars and this is the first car Ive modified. I have an 07 gt mustang and the mods are listed in my sig. Its an auto. So last night I went to the dragstrip and on my second run I heard a loud pop and they made me get off the track before my run. Long story short is last night I had first through third gears after that and not drive. I had to trailer it home just to be safe, luckily my buddy had a trailer. But today I drove it around the block and it has first through third and their not saggin as bad as yesterday and once I cycle through the gears I have drive again its not all the way back but I have it where as last night I didn't. Does that sound like the factory stall is going out ? Any opinions suggestions would be helpfull. I hope its not the tranny, I checked my dipstick and everything and found no metal shavings so I dont think its the tranny.

Rene06GT

low 12s for now....
Reaction score
Drop ur trans pan and check ur fluid, also make sure u have no shavings if all checks out u may have damaged a seal or bearing. I think u will be ok just be alittle easier on it till u can afford to replace it.

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys I know Ive got some noob questions never worked on a car before always taken it to a shop , like I said this is the first car ive ever modifed. Everyone Ive talked to seems to think its the tranny, and ive found a reputable place ( as in people in my local car club have had theirs rebuilt there and loved their work) for 1200 bucks, the ford dealer wanted 1500 bucks,

Reaction score
Make sure when you build it, you use the tci billet servos and hardened input shaft! They will not bullet proof your trans but they will help , especially 3rd gear which fails the most in these 5r55 trannys, the servos can be bought from summit for 75 bucks a piece so dont overpay!! And a good converter will go a long way in your car i prefer pi or send your factory unit to ptc for rebuild and restall!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back