Trans Flush will it help?

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
Ive been driving around for months with my transmission problem. In the back of my head its got to be the solenoid because it'll shift from 1-2 easliy but from 2-3 i have to give it some gas than let off around 4k for it to shift. My question is would a trans flush help "clean" out the gunk in the trans possibly fixing this.
Also could this be a torque converter problem? Plan on switching over to a 5spd or 6spd so don't want dump a lot of money into this.

Car has 110xxx miles, have never done a trans flush or even a drain and fill.

heavrolet98

forum member
Reaction score
A trans flush would probably cause you more problems. You can try to replace the filter and do a drain and fill but it sounds like you clutch disc are slipping and its about time for a rebuild.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
General rule of thumb that I go by and alot of other shops. When it comes to Transmission Fluid Maintenance if it has not been done every 30K like suggested by the manufacturer stay away. Sometimes the Older Dirtier Fluid will work better.

heavrolet98

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly, if it hasn't been done like its supposed to be then don't do it that late in its life.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Never ever flush a trans! Thats my advice. I used to do it all the time on my trucks and around 100k or so I would loose a trans. My 09 F150 I drive now has 258000 miles on it and has never had the fluid changed in the trans. Runs like a champ.

And flushing after you have an issue is a waste of money.

Last edited:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I have done Trans Flushes before on some Crown Vics with lower mileage that had a Torque Convertor Shutter. Worked great.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back