Transmission compatability through 2/05/07 from 2/06/07

Cardriver333

Reaction score
What transmissions are supposed to work on what cars? Which ones can we use off of different models? And searching for transmissions i see a split on the 07 cars between cars made before 2/05/07 and ones made after 2/06/07. What happened then?

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You're asking a lot and the answers aren't simple. I think you need to spend more time reading and narrow this down to something more specific. Almost anything can fit almost anything with different bellhousings, clutches and input shafts.

The time change was just a very minor difference on input shaft spline diameter. Some of the early ones were a little too tight of a fit to the clutch disk. Its basically nothing.

Cardriver333

Reaction score
Ok, that's good to know. So would a post 2/06/07 trans fit a pre 2/05/07 car better? I'm mostly just looking to learn more about the transmissions for these cars. I guess to be more specific I'll ask will any v6 trans work on any v6 motor as simple as a 1 for 1 swap without and adapters or tuning? And same for v8 trans with any v8 motor? What about a v8 trans with a v6 motor and vice versa? I've read some conflicting posts and I'd like to get definitive answers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back