Tricks for cleaning interior rear glass?

Higgy

forum member
Reaction score
So yeah, just attempted to clean the inside of my rear window for the first time. @ 6'5" and 225 lbs it was LOLZ at best. I have always owned hatch back's aside from the SRT-4 I had 10 yrs ago so this has never really been an issue.

Any tricks you guys use to make life easier?

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I generally use a damp towel from drying the car. It generally doesn't leave streaks and is a heck of a lot easier to get back there than a paper towel or cloth.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Lay the rear seats down, open the trunk and slide in on your back. You'll be looking up at the rear window. Continue to slide in until your sitting up with your feet in the trunk. This is the easiest way I have found that I can clean mine. Its still a pita.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I have found that non ammonia based window cleaner and a microfiber towel is the best combination for the glass. I used to use newspaper, but a friend turned me onto this, and it really seems to work.

As for how, it is a pain in the ass no matter how big or small you are with that rear window. I ride with mine down a lot, so it seems like the rear needs to be cleaned a lot. I contort myself in the back seat and laugh a lot as I am attempting to clean it.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Yeah it's always a pain, I just make sure to have all my cleaning equipment accessible so once I'm back there I can clean all the plastics, dress them, then spray, wipe, and finish the windows with a polishing cloth so they wont streak. But definitely slide both seats all the way up and push them forward.

Coal is King

Reaction score
Lay the rear seats down, open the trunk and slide in on your back. You'll be looking up at the rear window. Continue to slide in until your sitting up with your feet in the trunk. This is the easiest way I have found that I can clean mine. Its still a pita.

Man that's some serious dedication there! Haven't cleaned mine yet, hope I can twist into a position that doesn't include this method. But if I had to I guess I would. Dirty windows really ruin a fine detail job.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I'm 5'2'' and I have a difficult time getting in there lol

Shit, you could lay on the back deck and clean it.

My method is...

1. Tell the woman
2. Tell her to pull off her pants and be in a thong
3. Crack a beer
4. Sit back in a chair stare at her ass and enjoy
5. Tell her she missed a spot and tell her to do it again

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score

My method is...

1. Tell the woman
3. Crack a beer

Thats what I like to do too. Its the easest way.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Man that's some serious dedication there! Haven't cleaned mine yet, hope I can twist into a position that doesn't include this method. But if I had to I guess I would. Dirty windows really ruin a fine detail job.

Can't stand a dirty window. 6.0' and over 200. Turning around in the back seat is rather difficult. And the amount of time you have to stay in that position well I tried my method above and found it to be the easiest.

My method is...

1. Tell the woman
3. Crack a beer

Crap thats what I've been doing wrong right there!!

RSHGRL

Reaction score
They make a microfiber covered flat pad on a stick. The pad swivels. It's an "as seen on tv" thing but I've heard it works. Do what I do, get in the back seat and put a knee in each seat while facing the back glass then lean left or right as you work your way down. You have to twist your arm a bit but hey, it works. Probably not an effective method for big guys.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
use microfiber waffle weave glass towels. The ones that resemble your drying cloths.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I've never cleaned the inside of the rear glass yet. The window tint guy did it about 2 years ago. I probably need to do it but don't want to leave streaks.

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
I am 6'4" tall and can't get back there, I got one of the TV pads and got a 3ft piece of 3/4 gray plastic pipe from HD and heated the pipe end to slip over the pad handle. I spray cleaner on the pad and outside the car through the front windows I clean the back window, work good for me.

xocolleenox

. likes it topless .
Reaction score
They make a microfiber covered flat pad on a stick. The pad swivels. It's an "as seen on tv" thing but I've heard it works. Do what I do, get in the back seat and put a knee in each seat while facing the back glass then lean left or right as you work your way down. You have to twist your arm a bit but hey, it works. Probably not an effective method for big guys.
This.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I am going to pick one of those up... shit I have a hard time getting the windshield clean from the inside, the rear window no fuckin way.

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
invisible glass is good stuff, i also like using microfibers for glass. i haven't found anything else to work better/more efficient.

humidity is your enemy when It comes to cleaning glass, I always clean glass in direct sunlight...it dries up faster and more streak free/if not perfect. i have found that if you wipe fast on glass rather than slow like i see some people do, you wont get that haze from some cleaners. just clean like a crackhead lol really fast for clean glass.

also you don't need a lot of cleaner to do it. a little goes a long ways, actuall work better with less sometimes

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I am able to clean the rear glass but it takes a lot of contorting to do it (5' 11", 250lbs). I clean 1/2 at a time by using a folded MF towel and Sprayway glass cleaner. Spray a liberal amount of glass cleaner directly onto the towel, wipe the glass and dry it quickly with another folded MF towel.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
I clean my rear glass the same way I clean the front windshield. This technique makes thing a lot easier.
FFWD to 10:10 in the video.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back