Trusted Gear Installer in ATL metro area

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have some 3.73 FRPP gears sitting in my shed waiting to get installed.

Does anyone have a good, reasonably priced mechanic in the area? I live east of Atlanta in the Covington area, but am also up in the Woodstock area pretty regularly.

I have the GT500 CF clutch pack, oil and the bearing kit all waiting to get this thing spinning both rear wheels!

keeno

Mustang Freak
Reaction score
Coupe Performance in Covington..Scott Melvin has installed gears in two of my Mustangs...great work and price.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the reply! I will have to check him out, Covington is just down the road from me. Unfortunately, between getting divorced and my withholding not being high enough, I just found out I owe $2,800 in taxes! The gears will just have to sit in the box a little longer...

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have some 3.73 FRPP gears sitting in my shed waiting to get installed.

Does anyone have a good, reasonably priced mechanic in the area? I live east of Atlanta in the Covington area, but am also up in the Woodstock area pretty regularly.

I have the GT500 CF clutch pack, oil and the bearing kit all waiting to get this thing spinning both rear wheels!

Kurgan Motorsports Is More Experienced With S197 Late Model mustangs I Have Them Do All My Work And Its Always Done Right. No Job Is To Large Or SmallFor Them.
I live Near Covington And Know Coupe Performance And After A Few Experiences With My Car I Realized TheyAre Not Real Experienced In The Newer Cars Took My Car To Kurgan For A Full Build And HBeen Very Pleased With Bob And His Crew They Do Good Quality work And BoB Is Great At Tunning.

Last edited:

ROUSH06GA

forum member
Reaction score
scott at Coupe performance does a really good job with fox bodies but with s197 he doesnt like to work on em that much, i would take it to Mv performance or kurgan.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for the heads up.
I noticed that Coupe's website only mentioned Fox bodies, but thought since Ford has been using the 8.8 for quite some time, it may be ok.

I'll check the other two shops out, getting tired of the one wheel wonder.burnout! But first gotta pay my taxes...

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Roush06GA, u are right on about Scott i only live 5 miles from his home/shop.
Hes good at what he specialize s in which is ford push rod mostly carbureted and nitrous set ups Scotts a great guy have known him for years but these new edge computer controlled cars are not his nitch and he doesn't have the tunning software or experience to tune them.
Thats why i recommend ed Kurgan.

ROUSH06GA

forum member
Reaction score
I went to scott for my heads , he did a really good job porting them. He is a nice/stand up guy and will tell you if he can't do something and recomend someone else for the job. call him or ask him in person about the gear install. I know his crew has done plenty of gear changes.

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
I went to scott for my heads , he did a really good job porting them. He is a nice/stand up guy and will tell you if he can't do something and recomend someone else for the job. call him or ask him in person about the gear install. I know his crew has done plenty of gear changes.

Scott Milner (Coupe Performance) is well known in Georgia for his head and intake porting even some performance shops in the area send him heads even modular heads all of them 2v, 3v & 4 valve always heard good things on his head work.

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
RPM of Georgia.....CJ is a master and is the only person I let touch my car and its an hour and half drive each way for me to see him. They have a deal too, $650 for everything.

Tell them Brent sent you.

Bob_Kurgan

forum member
Reaction score
RPM of Georgia.....CJ is a master and is the only person I let touch my car and its an hour and half drive each way for me to see him. They have a deal too, $650 for everything.

Tell them Brent sent you.

that's about $150 more then anyone else charges!

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
Could the $150 difference be the gears? Those are included in his price. If not, I'll let him know he needs to adjust....

"Can you see me, am I clear to you, picture me rollin"

ROUSH06GA

forum member
Reaction score
i know some shops charge $400-500 with frpp gears for the install. so you might me over paying.

Last edited:

Bob_Kurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Could the $150 difference be the gears? Those are included in his price. If not, I'll let him know he needs to adjust....

"Can you see me, am I clear to you, picture me rollin"

no.. because we, along with a lot of shops in the area, charge $150 less then that WITH FRPP gears

...Mark...

forum member
Reaction score
Just so you know my friend that I mentioned when we met said that he would do it for 350 with you providing everything needed for the install. He was the shop foreman at a napa repair garage on Johnson Ferry Road in Marietta before it closed a few months ago. I believe he's ASE certified to. He's big into fox bodies and used to have a 10 second LX hatch in the early 90's.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back