Tune not working/cant drive car

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Hey I order a custom tune from you guys last week and I finally got it and I mean no disrespect when I post this Im just telling you how it is.

I can't drive my car (its my only car and I have to get to school and work everyweek).

The tune that i got for just daily driving before i got my delte plates was garbage. I got 4 codes for ''system too lean'' and when I pulled the injectors off they were bone dry, it ran like a dog until like 5k rpms then it kind of caught on but it still shot up to like 3 grand when cranked up cold.

Now the 93 octane race tune i have that includes the delete plates i got the car cranks decently it still revs high but once it warms up the rpms just climb rapidly and they dont stop so i can't drive it either it dies all the time and I havent got to drive it. It's my only means of transportation and I was wondering if someone could take a better look at it my mods are as list.

FRPP Hotrod ''high lift'' cams
C&L racer cold air intake
BBK twin 62mm throttle body
Offroad X pipe
flowmaster 40 series mufflers
FRPP 3.55 gears
180 degree thermostat
CMCV delete plates
and i run the sct xcal 3 tuner

If anyone could clear this up for me it would be MUCH appreciated....

Thanks AM.

Jon:thumb:

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen this fourm here for a week with no threads, perhaps they are still in the process of becoming a vendor?

Did you call them? Might be the best way to fix something unless you've tried that already.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
honestly, call them up for a faster resolution

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
I called them today. Figured I'd try both. I was told they were already a vendor.
I suppose i misunderstood. Thanks for the info!
* just another reminder*

I am NOT badmouthing/shittalking or demeaning am/bama tunes or any of the tuners in any way shape or form just suggesting something went wrong with the tune.

Last edited:

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
have you tried swaping out that bbk TB and trying out the tune with a stocker? Just a thought.

badgt06

Stratafortress
Reaction score
With that different TB and cam's you really need a Dyno tune. I know AM has started advertising Bamachips for their tuning, right? I'd call or email doug@bamachips. If there is anyone out there who can give you an awesome email tune, it'd be him!

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Can you PM me over your order number or full name so that I can look at the tune files?

Doug is no longer involved in the day-to-day operations.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like the C&L Street intake was inputted instead of the C&L Racer intake... that would cause some issues. I'm extremely sorry about that. Looks like some human error when creating the file. The files I'm sending to your email now match the modifications that you just stated above. The first time you load it in, it's going to wipe out the idle-tables and have to learn. Don't judge it by the first cold start, judge it by the second cold start after you've gone through the idle-learning process.

The idle learning process will complete itself by simply letting the car run and do its thing and drive around, sit at stoplights, etc.

However, if you want to accelerate the process, load this tune in and just start the car and let it idle for 7 minutes or so. Then, turn on the A/C and let it idle for another 2 minutes. This will let the idle tables fill in quickly.

Report back and let us know how it does!

Chris

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
However, if you want to accelerate the process, load this tune in and just start the car and let it idle for 7 minutes or so. Then, turn on the A/C and let it idle for another 2 minutes. This will let the idle tables fill in quickly.
Chris

Thats a nifty trick. I never enjoyed the "learning process" for the idle haha. I just ordered some new tunes so once they're in I'll use this trick!

Thanks CR!

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Another thing, I talked to Dan a real cool guy and it says my tune has he intake listed as c&l street with the insert out but I have the c&l racer intake

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yes sir. I mentioned above, I changed it to the C&L Racer intake. The tune form that you filled out says "C&L Street (Insert Removed)" so that's why the tuned it that way. Taken care of!

YellowRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks again chris! My phones a little slow so I didn't get your message until after you had already posted. Ill be sure to let you know how it goes!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back