Tuned and Dyno the GT Saturday

cobra_4

forum member
Reaction score
Had my woman's 06 GT tuned and dyno'd saturday. With a K&N CAI and a Pypes Muffler delete it made 259hp on a mustang dyno. Is that a pretty decent number? It was a little more power than I expected.

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
Had my woman's 06 GT tuned and dyno'd saturday. With a K&N CAI and a Pypes Muffler delete it made 259hp on a mustang dyno. Is that a pretty decent number? It was a little more power than I expected.
depends on your altitude, and dyno, typically we get 300 to 305, with just a cai and tune on 3v cars. but we got good air here in va

those numbers are manual cars

Last edited:

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
auto or manual? i think its in the range, maybe a tad low but i wouldn't worry.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What will happen here is a couple dozen people will come in and tell you how much more power they made on whoever's dyno with the same mods.
The local dyno that I went to when my car was bone stock showed a huge 234 rwhp through a manual transmission. It trapped 102.5mph bone stock so despite the fact that everyone claimed there must be something wrong with my car, it was within range of what it should have been making stock.
The long and short of the tale is that you can't tell whether a dyno result is "good" or not unless you are doing a before and after comparison with all the parameters being equal as not all dynos are calibrated the same despite all the talk about xyz... correction factors.

cobra_4

forum member
Reaction score
It's an auto. Yeah Im not too worried about the numbers. Like I said it is higher than I was expecting. I'll get my real numbers when I take it back to the track.

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
It's an auto. Yeah Im not too worried about the numbers. Like I said it is higher than I was expecting. I'll get my real numbers when I take it back to the track.
depending on the brand of dyno, your right on par, with the auto.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back