Tuned Auto owners.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
I've been driving my Bama tuned auto for about 2 weeks now. The shifts are definitely firmer than stock, but they are not as firm as my previous mustang.

Has anyone else noticed this? For instance, I am not getting any kind of violence or chirping from 1st to 2nd and I definitely did with my 5r55s with the stock gears and a lot less power.

I've tried my 93P and 93R tunes. The only transmission difference I've noticed is the shift points are closer to 6500rpm with the Race tune where the Performance tune shifts around 7k.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
when i still had the stock convertor my bbr tune would bark 1-2 with ease and 2-3 about half throttle. with the circle d it still barks 1-2 but takes more throttle and will bark 2-3 about 3/4 throttle. my tune drives like stock under normal driving and shifts at 7300 at wot.

Quickstang5o

Reaction score
I have a bama tune and it chriped into 2ed and sometimes 3rd with the stock tires but I also got the cai combo if that made the diff.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm doubting the CAI would make a difference. I'm thinking my trans may not be tuned to be firm enough.

stang1971, where your comments referring to when your car was close to stock?

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm doubting the CAI would make a difference. I'm thinking my trans may not be tuned to be firm enough.

no.. im sorry.. i got the steeda cai/tune at the same time... bone stock the car went 13.1 and after the cai/tune it went 12.6 and was way more fun.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
no.. im sorry.. i got the steeda cai/tune at the same time... bone stock the car went 13.1 and after the cai/tune it went 12.6 and was way more fun.

No, that's close to stock in my opinion. Your input counts. I'm going to call BAMA about it on Monday.

2012GT

forum member
Reaction score
My Steeda 93 CAI Tune will roast 275's going into second gear and chirp 3rd at 80mph. I had to call Gus at Steeda and have him send me a softer 1-2 shifting tune leaving everything else the same. It took him a few days to write the edited tune. The Steeda 93 CAI tune is violent. I now have 2 editions of the Steeda 93 CAI tune one just shifts a little less abrupt into second. A6 all the way!!

djclark

Reaction score

What MPH did you get for both runs ?

Quickstang5o

Reaction score

Not sure then man. Low tire pressure? 6500 seems low as well. I want to say mine is 6800ish.

Pete_Rockett

Reaction score
I've been driving my Bama tuned auto for about 2 weeks now. The shifts are definitely firmer than stock, but they are not as firm as my previous mustang.

Has anyone else noticed this? For instance, I am not getting any kind of violence or chirping from 1st to 2nd and I definitely did with my 5r55s with the stock gears and a lot less power.

I've tried my 93P and 93R tunes. The only transmission difference I've noticed is the shift points are closer to 6500rpm with the Race tune where the Performance tune shifts around 7k.

On my SCT tuner with Bama tunes I can set the shift firmness myself under "options" when uploading the tune.

DIB5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Amazon has the best shifting auto tune out there. Have tried others but Rick has this tranny set up perfect.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
All of our auto tunes were based off my personal car. When my car was stock with went a 13.18@106 mph on stock pirellis and when I installed just the tune the same night about 20 minutes later I dropped down to a 12.28@113 mph. Still on stock pirellis.

The shifting is amazing. Not over aggressive, but solid!

djclark

Reaction score
What were your 60' times ?

All of our auto tunes were based off my personal car. When my car was stock with went a 13.18@106 mph on stock pirellis and when I installed just the tune the same night about 20 minutes later I dropped down to a 12.28@113 mph. Still on stock pirellis.

RedMustang

forum member
Reaction score

:beer:

DIB5.0

forum member
Reaction score
i called him today.. he is getting me a tune setup... im gonna see how this one works for me.

You will not be disappointed. The drivability is excellent with this tune also. No issues as some of my other tunes had erratic idle and surging at low rpm's. This one is just perfect.
Have you had tune issues.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
You will not be disappointed. The drivability is excellent with this tune also. No issues as some of my other tunes had erratic idle and surging at low rpm's. This one is just perfect.
Have you had tune issues.
very little... none with street drivability.. just with wot and shifting

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back